29: Epilogue

That Christmas, Luna and Sam were spending their day in the Loud house with Jim and Darling. Simon shook his rattle at Luna.

Napoleon was tugging on Simon's pants. Ronnie Ann took her Napoleon and put him in his bed with Leo and Liberty.

Lincoln had Lily right next to him.

Jim Dear was going to take a photo of the dogs, Simon and Lily. Darling was holding a toy bird to grab their attention.

JIM DEAR: Alright everybody. Watch the birdy.

Napoleon jumped out of the bed and was about to escape, but his aunt Luna stopped him.

JIM DEAR: Steady now. Hold it...

Jim Dear took the photo, but now there was smoke coming out of the camera. Jim opened the window to get the smoke out.

JIM DEAR: I guess I used a little too much! Uh-oh... guys. Visitors.

DARLING: Visitors?

Darling, Mr Loud and Mrs Loud went to the window. Zach was in his Christmas outfit, walking to the front door with Liam and Rusty. The bloodhound still had his bandages wrapped around his leg.

MRS LOUD: Why it's Zach.

MR LOUD: And Liam, and Rusty.

ZACH: Careful buddy. Careful. It's just a little slippery...

Zach then slipped on the icy porch.

RUSTY: I know, I know.

Luna barked at the front door.

JIM DEAR: Alright Luna, we'll let them in.

Simon was crawling to the front door to greet the dogs as well. Darling took him and began to bring him to his room.

DARLING: No no, not you little man. You're going to take a nap.

RONNIE ANN: Hey, where are Sully and Mazzy?

SAM: They're with Lori and her humans. I heard they're meeting her children she had with Bobby.

Jim Dear opened the door and greeted Zach, Liam and Rusty.

JIM DEAR: Well, Merry Christmas! Come in, come in. Just step into the parlor, I'll see about refreshments.

Jim Dear walked to Darling to ask him where the refreshments were.

JIM DEAR: Oh Darling! Where did you put the dog biscuits? Y'know, the box Noah and Emma sent for Christmas.

DARLING: In the kitchen, Jim dear.

Mrs Loud picked Lily up and left the room.

MRS LOUD: Okay Lily, time to spend time with mama.

Rusty saw Lincoln and Ronnie Ann's puppies.

RUSTY: Aw, no doubt about it. They got their mother's eyes.

Sam looked at Ronnie Ann, and yes, they did have her eyes.

ZACH: Yeah.

Napoleon made a grrr sound as he attempted to pull on Zach's outfit.

ZACH: But there is a bit of their father in them too.

Zach quickly and softly kicked Napoleon away.

Sam sat next to Luna. Liam noticed Luna's collar.

LIAM: Well, and I see you've finally acquired the collar!

LUNA: Oh, yes, complete with license.

Luna scratched her neck a little.

RUSTY: Oh, yeah, the new collar. Caught the scent the moment I came in the house.

Napoleon grabbed a loose thread of Zach's outfit and started pulling on it.

RUSTY: "Rusty" I said, "Rusty, somebody's wearin' a new collar".

Sam tended to Napoleon and placed him in a present that had already been opened. Right when she began to walk away, Napoleon managed to tilt the present and escape.

RUSTY: Of course, my sense of smell is very highly developed. Runs in the family, y'know?

LIAM: Life's gonna be easier from here on out.

RUSTY: As my grandpappy Ol' Reliable used to say... I don't recollect if I've ever mentioned Ol' Reliable before.

LEO, LIBERTY & NAPOLEON: No you haven't, Uncle Rusty.

Well, that was unexpected.

RUSTY: Huh? I haven't? Well, uh, as Ol' Reliable used to say... he'd say uh... d'uh he'd say... uh... uhhh...

The puppies anticipated Rusty to say something about his grandpappy.

RUSTY: Hmm. Doggone.

Rusty began to laugh.

RUSTY: Y'know... I-I clean forgot what it was he used to say!

The dogs laughed. Sam leaned on Luna's shoulder, and Luna leaned on Sam's head. Sam and Luna would be together forever.

Peace, my children, of goodwill

Peace, my children

Peace, be still

THE END