farewell comrade

Kenji couldn't believe his ears! Not only was this random demon facing him, he was putting his wife and his daughter across his vile tongue. He tried his hardest not to show his fangs, but his proposal brought a fire in him that he thought was long in slumber.

"What the hell do you mean my daughter? I'd rather be dragged to hell while still in this world than to let the likes of you have my daughter. Don't you dare lay a hand on her!"

Naraku expected this response. Smirking at Kenji's disposition, he crossed his arms, his eyes never leaving his.

"I don't think you have the leeway to make such differing terms, Kenji."

"And why not? I don't know you from a leaf in a village, demon." He spat. Naraku's eyebrow twitched at the emphasis,

"Might I remind you that I am the Lord of this land and whatever I decide to do with you is up to my jurisdiction. Now," he unsheathed his sword, pointing it directly at Naraku. His stance opening into the offensive, his patience was growing thinner while the ominous scent that mimicked Tetsuo's grew more and more pungent.

"Out of my way!" He hissed. The hilt of his sword emitted a purple light once more, snaking up Kenji's arm, giving his crimson eyes a stark contrast amidst the fuschia tint surrounding him. The jewels embedded into them radiated a similar light, causing the air around them to vibrate.

"My my," Naraku shook his head, sucking his teeth in disapproval. "I wouldn't expect such a renowned demon such as yourself to resort to using such weapons of war on your conquest for protecting the land." Kenji didn't like his sarcasm, not one bit.

"If I were you," he extended his hand, his taunting smirk never leaving his face. "I'd hand over the sword and we can go about our way as two cordial demons. And I'll leave your wife and daughter out of a man's affair."

"Weapons of war-" he looked down at his sword, unsure of what he was getting at until-

His master. Tsugunai-Sama!

"Kenji, make sure you protect this sword with your life. If it were to fall in the wrong hands, it could cause chaos onto the land."

"Tsugunai-Sama-!" Kenji's eyes widened at the memory of his master, sprawled about the outside of his castle gates, dismembered and bloody.

"It was you!" The aura emanating from the sword intensified. Squinting at naraku, his teeth barred and his iris slitted as his demonic blood began to rise.

"You killed him!" Referencing his Master, Naraku chuckled under his breath. Now he was catching on, he thought.

"It wasn't me, personally. But, I may have given the OK to finish the job."

"Your Master took those jewels from a demon of mine and put them in your sword. And I'm here to collect what was owed to me. And for the sake of your beautiful daughter, Mei, was it? And your. . Lovely wife. I think her name was Reiko. Ah, yes. It was."

Kenji had just about heard enough out of this demon. Without announcement, Kenji charged full force at Naraku, holding his sword in the offensive, ready to strike!

I figured a simple negotiation wouldn't work. Naraku sneered.

"Tetsuo." Naraku spoke calmly, and a whisk flew past him, meeting Kenji's blade with his own.

"Wha-! Tetsuo, what are you doing?!"

Tetsuo's eyes glowed a translucent blue, as if he were possessed. He couldn't even find the light in his eyes. But by the snarl of his fangs and the aggression in his movements, this wasn't Tetsuo.