naraku POV II

THIS IS GONNA BE LENGTHY CONSIDERING NARAKU'S POV HASN'T BEEN FOR A LONG WHILE HAHAAAAA....

I knew better than to leave the castle for that long of time.

I knew better than to actually think that that wench Kagura would be able to take on such a simple task as to watch her and make sure she wouldn't escape. Losing my better judgement in a sign of weakness, no doubt.

And now here i am, without the key to the Shikon Jewel and, well, the Shikon jewel.

It had been silent in the castle for a few weeks now. I figured it would be this way since I gave Kagura strict orders not to lose sight of the girl and in a moment of my own weakness, gave Mei an opportunity to escape.

My only question would have to be this: who else iscapabaleof opening magically sealed doors if it wasnt me? who was the one to think it a good idea to leave even a hint of vulnerability to mouse when they've been nibbling a hole into the walls to escape?

It was no sense to punish Kagura. For whatever reason it may have been, she more than likely felt pity for the lass and- who am I kidding.

ALL of this could have been prevented. I would have had Mei here with me and all would have been well. But maybe.. fate has a twisted sense of belonging between two people's lives where, it was meant for her to run.

Because if she never would have ran, I would have never found her journals.

If she wouldn't have ran, I wouldn't have seen this side of Mei that seemed to be so cold and so standoffish that I, even I, could not crack open.

She exposed a certain vulnerability in her words. A more brazen meekness on every page. How I could see her timid expression sitting alongside the candlelight as she processed her woes and wonders line by line. Character by character. I could see where the ink would begin to grow weary and where she would pick the mood right back up again.

So, maybe it was a benefit in her running away. Because if she hadn't had ran she wouldn't have left behind the fire inside of her smoldering in the dark for me to try to smudge.

Sitting in my room with the blinds pulled and the eerie silence creeping alongside my hairline with each turn of the page, I felt a stillness. I didn't really know what to make of her. She seems to be... More alluring in her words and how she was in front of me. And she made me all the more intrigued in how she really really was and how so that she tried to portray herself as someone who... was invincible. When she was just a scared little girl in armor.

She needed to be rescued. She needed to be saved. She wanted to be loved. I wasn't 100% sure if I was going to be the one to love her. But then again, it made me wonder just how capable the human mind can be and how this human emotion is such an image of what love should be. I never knew that looking after the lass could be such a task but then it would make me all the more curious to try to understand her and everything that made her tick.

I wanted to overstep my boundaries numerous times from watching her in the mirror to actually being in the same room with me, it drove me wild.

Who would think that I, a demon, could look into a human's mind and try to understand it like an actual human. I've been a demon for so long that I didn't even know that I could actually feel this way and that I can actually take on the responsibility of actually looking after another person let alone another woman. She was beautiful and she was to be feared. .

Seeing was believing in the action that I, this so-called fearsome individual that has been portrayed to be hated by everyone that they've come across actually has another demon woman in their possession with such a delicate jewel fragment in their grasp and the potential to help me in ruling the entire eastern lands.

I just didn't know what to think of that at the moment but now that I'm alone, it makes me think. It makes me think of her. It makes me think of being with her. It makes me think about ruling the land with her. Outrageous the thought is! How can I be someone that's able to be loved? How can someone love me with all the destruction that I've caused? How can she look pass the exterior that I, just a demon, who is ruined so many lives, and for what? For the sole purpose of trying to rule the lands and trying to gain power that seems to be almost impeccably impossible?

I didn't understand this old fashion rhetoric That power had to be gained alone. At least before I found this woman and took care of her over these month's time but, maybe being alone isn't as great as it was or what it was supposed to be. Reading her journal had shown me a side of her that I wish that she would show me in person. And I just hope, maybe, that I can use these tools as a means of getting to know her more because, she clearly wants to know more of me.

Page after page, I started to unfold every single layer of her that I didn't know existed. She was strong, that woman. She was foolish, that woman. But she was longing, she was. She wasn't going to tell me in person, but something along these pages made me realize that maybe she wanted me in a way that wasn't able to be explained in words alone. She craved a touch that a mere pen could not satisfy.

There was a perversion and her that needed to be cleansed. A fire and a need for it to be savored. A fragment of her that needed to be nestled in my hand. And even with her in my hand I feel like she wanted to be destroyed.

Destroyed, and born again. Born again, in my arms and my arms alone.

Dear girl. When I find you, there's so much that has to be said.

So much, that it makes the strongest demon tremble at the helm.