Detention

She sat still but slumped in her seat, her face resting on the flat of the desk. She frowned at the remembrance of yesterday's events. It repeated over and over.

"That's 3 hours worth of detention, you're lucky the dean hadn't caught you Ms. Cat, the same goes for you Mr. Tree. You young adults and your lustful habits these days will get you into trouble," Professor Lax scolded the pair.

They had been caught and Cat was sure her soul left her body and had still not returned. Tree brushed it off and accepted the punishment, saying later how it had been worth every hour.

She drug her thoughts back to the present. The detention room was rather dark and wasn't even supervised. The Professor had bailed thinking each student only had two hours. Not three. Cat dared to look over across the room.

There sat Tree, looking back at her with that smug grin on his face. Her cheeks grew warm as she looked away. She was heavily embarrassed about yesterday even though she too thought it was well worth it. Three hours was nothing compared to how good she felt.

There was no doubt in her mind that Tree was thinking the same thing. Suddenly she heard the window shade being pulled down. Out of curiosity she peered back over to the other side of the room. Tree was up and pulling the shades down, window after window.

"What are you doing? Isn't it already dark enough in here, or are you sparkling to much in the sun?" She asked.

Once Tree had bitten her she always sparkled in the sun. She adored the glow it gave her and the lovely memory that went with it. The thought alone made her stomach stir.

"It's better to see you sparkle, why are you sitting so far away? Still embarrassing that we got caught the other day? It was just on the corner of the camera and Professor Lax said she deleted the tape," he said, shrugging off the whole incident as if the pair wasn't in detention.

"That's not the point!" She hissed in response, "it's the fact you said you knew a spot but didn't know there was a camera there!"

"Loosen up Cat, you know you liked it," he smirked as he pulled the last blind down.

She did. She did like it, more then she should have. When Professor Lax called the both of them to the front office and explained why they were there her heart raced and her stomach seemed to have at least a hundred butterflies inside of it.

She shoved that feeling away and the memory. Who in their right mind would be happy and excited to be caught doing such an inappropriate thing on school grounds. Still, she couldn't contain the blush that rose to her cheeks, just bright enough to be seen in the now darker room.

Tree sat on the front desk, the desk the Professor in charge of detentions usually used to grade papers or work on a lesson plan. He watched her, not speaking, not moving.

"You could at least sit on the chair rather then on the desk you delinquent," Cat teased as she made her way up to the front.

"You say that like you haven't wanted to sit on the top of a Professor's desk. Though a lot of them just have podiums now," he said as he swung his legs back and forth.

"You can ask any kid and they'd say yes. It's like a silent desire planted in every person at their first class in kindergarten," she laughed at herself. She thought it was a good point, a funny one at that.

He smiled at her, that laugh always made him smile. It did when they first met on campus and it still did now in this moment. "Well do you want to sit up here with me or are you just going to imagine it?" He asked.

"Oh no no. I'll let you bask in your desk glory a little longer before I decide weather or not to invade," she said with a smile.

"What if I want you to sit by me?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.