chapter 28

FLASHBACK: THE NIGHT OF THE INCIDENT.
     " Find HER!, They can't have gone far" Hermann yelled frustratingly at his bodyguards, his men obeyed him instantly, running towards their positions.
  Cars roamed around the city, his men everywhere, Every corner of the city.
"Hermann what happened?" Eve asked as she dropped off the car quickly, behind her follows Norman, Miguel and Carlos.
   "Hermann" Richard Castro called him out, showing him Ivy's clone.
     her face red and swollen from the slaps. 
There were bruises on her knees, and arms. Blood streaming down from her forehead.
  Hermann rushed and picked her up only to slap her and let her fall on the ground on her own, "Where the fuck is Ivy?" He asked her closely.
  "I told you already, I know nothing." she shouted, he again slapped her and she cried louder.
  "Who on earth is this?" Carlos asked with confusion in his tone "Her name is Mia, she was in prison six months ago for murder charges. But, she was bailed out by Wilmert Grants, the president of the Grants companies but little do the world know that Roberto leader of the white vultures is Mr. Grants himself" Richard explained lighting up his cigarette.
  "So this little bitch knows where Ivy is?" Miguel asked with an intense voice.
  "The white Vultures are behind this?" Genevieve added, "it'll be my pleasure fucking her up" Miguel finished as he approaches closer.
   "What does the White Vultures want with Ivy?— is it to get back on Hermann?"
     Mia tried to look as brave as she could but failed.
"I- i- I -" she tried making a sentence.
  "Stop" a quite voice interrupted, Norman swallowed. The fact that he was actually defending Mia pissed Hermann so bad, he had a dead stare on his face, anger to 100°c.
   "Ivy wasn't kidnapped" he frowned, "it was her choice" he wished he had never said anything by the look of everyone's eyes he could see his funeral clearly.
  "How do you know that—?" Miguel paused, "unless—" Carlos continued then stopped suspiciously, trying to pick up some lost words to fill in. " You helped her" Genevieve finished in a disbelief tone.
  "Yes, I did help her" Norman admitted, Carlos blinked off his tears, Miguel clenched his fist, Richard stood calmly while Hermann seemed not to get the whole thing.
  "Your unbelievable" Genevieve spoke out in a very distraught tone.
   " What did you fucking do!?" Hermann asked pointing a gun at him, "I did it because it's best if she's gone... I mean look at you Cousin, You have become so pathetic" Norman said, "when you ordered a background check on Ivy?, I learnt something apart from her family, Ivy's long lost boyfriend" he spoke out shakily.
  "Any last words Cousin?" Hermann asked so dryly, Norman paused, and looked around. No one said a word to save him, Genevieve barely looked at him.
   " She had a boyfriend and that guy is Roberto. I never wanted to tell you this because I knew what would have happened. So i started secret communications with him" Norman spoke out, holding his breath because he knows that this is the end of him, closing his eyes at the process, a light sweat appears on his forehead and his heart racing in massive speed.
  "You betrayed me cousin" Hermann spoke in a cold voice"you deserve no mercy" he added, his voice sounding as if his heart was breaking. 
"Come on Hermann, I was only looking out for you, we are a family" Norman defended.
  " From now on, anything that happens to the Invisibles or—Me is non of your fucking concern, cross a path and I hang you" He said, that was a clear devil's warning then he left.
  Genevieve came closer to him and whispered "Your an Asshole", "I did all that because of you" he replied and Genevieve slapped him. "It was for your own selfish purpose" she said and left.
  "Take her to the cells" Richard said to the guards before he left.

[PRESENT]
                    CARLOS POV.
It has been approximately two weeks without Ivy, it has been dull. I miss her, tho we barely talked about Ivy Infront of Hermann.
  Talking about Hermann, he has been pretty hard on himself— he barely comes home and if he does he has bruises and blood on his shirt, if he happens to stay home then he spends most of his time  working out or shooting.
   I was laying on the sofa when I heard the door bell, I groaned then took a deep breath before I got up on my feet and went to open it.
    I threw the entrance door open and paused.

                 CORA TYSON POV.
  I talked to Hermann few days ago, he finally wants to go on with the plans, his club whore isn't going to be a problem, I heard about it. I mean it's not like I had time for her anyway, my mother always says that Queens don't complete with whores.
    I arrived at Hermann's place, looked around to find a comfortable environment, "Ma'am this way" a huge man in black said, and i followed him to the entrance door.
  "Thank you, I can take it from here" I said and he nodded then immediately left. I took a deep breath and rung the door bell.
  "Hi, you must be Carlos" I said with a formal smile, "Hey, and you a—" before he could finish, "She's my wife to be" a deep voice spoke behind him and he allowed me in, my gaze fixed on Hermann who was standing few steps from us.
  His eyes fixed on me, i couldn't read his expression but I knew he was glad to see me.
  She's my wife to be hearing those words coming from him gave me goosebumps and I blushed.
  "Are you just going to stand there?" I asked him softly, he came to me, he looked down at me, he stepped closer to me, his warm breath hitting my skin. But I wanted him to kiss me tho he only stared down at me "make yourself comfortable, I'll join you shortly" he said then walked right pass me to the door.
  I frowned then closed my eyes, " let me show you to your room" Carlos spoke behind me.
  I'm Cora Tyson Rodriguez, the future wife of Hermann Rodriguez, and this is my house.
  "Why don't you Show me Hermann's room instead" I spoke lightly, turning to him with a smile.
   " Sure, right this way" he agreed and I followed.

    I had a shower then picked a shirt from his closet and wore it, I walked around a bit, I surveyed a bit, went through his files not too much tho, I poured myself a drink and later threw myself on the bed. It has been three hours ever since he said he'll join me shortly .
   I frowned then got out of the bed, I walked around again, only to hear the door opening and closing after some seconds.
  "That's what you meant when you said I'll join you shortly?" I asked him but didn't turn to him. He said nothing, instead I heard his heavy footsteps approaching me, he stood behind me, his hands wrapped around my waist, feeling this heavy breath on my neck.
     "Will you marry me?"
   I paused, Then

  "what?"

  "Will you marry me?" He repeated.

   "It's so soon" I turned to him, he leaned forward and kissed me, then said "This marriage is important to me so to you too, I fucked around a lot and I even forgot my purpose on the way but I'm back, and I want that power more than anything" He sounded ambitious and I like it, this marriage may not be about love but it's something greater than love, it's about power,
  "And together me and you we are unstoppable" he finished and we both smirked, I leaned forward and picked his lips, crushing them with mine.
I love him, it's okay if he doesn't, no rush as long as his mine,  love will come on the way.
  "I love the sound of we " I said between our kiss.

Thankyou ❤️ for reading this chapter 💕, Hope you enjoyed, stay tuned for more, it's going to get messy 🔥🔥🔥🔥in the upcoming chapterrrrssss😉😉😉😉.
  Please support by voting and commenting.
NB: ignore any grammatical errors my darling readers ☺️✨✨