Chapter 20

HERMANN RODRIGUEZ POV.

       " DON'T LEAVE MY SIGHT" that was a command, I saw her rolling her eyes when i throw the car doors open.
I gently gave her a helping hand which she took it and pulled herself out of the car.

The Castro's funeral had few men and women, i suppose the few who we're close to them.
But, i couldn't risk trusting anyone in here since everyone is a suspect in this matter.
We walked across few men and women, there eyes we're on us. I held Ivy's hand tighter.
"Who died?" She whispered.
" Maris Castro" I replied, I knew she was waiting for me to continue but i decided it to end there.
" who was that man to her?" She asked in a softer tone.
I turned my head to whoever she was referring to and my eyes rested on a man wearing a white shirt and a black trouser, His hair was a mess and his eyes swollen.
He was smoking and had liquor on the other hand, He looked weak and who knows when was the last time he had a bath or a meal,
He stared around the crowd with a blank expression on his face. His eyes lack life and his skin had no light.
" His.. Richard Castro. Maris was his wife" i murmured.
" No, She was his everything" She said and i turned to her, our eyes met, "Go talk to him, He needs someone" She added.
I agreed and walked to him with her, His face looked tired and broken, His eyes were dead not a hint of life in them. He was miserable and strained.
" she is still alive Hermann, My Maris is calling me" His sobbing voice was full of unimaginable pain.
I patted his shoulder and he pulled me for a huge, I patted his back trying to comfort him with everything i could but there is no word i could say.

It has been two decades since i last saw someone this broken before. After few minutes he pulled out and i turned to search for the eyes i wanted to see but, Ivy wasn't there.
I looked around the crowd to find nothing. Shit! " Richard hold on, I am coming"
I took out my phone and dialled Norman's number, " Hello"
" Find Ivy"
" Yes" He replied immediately.

I ran through the crowd, my heart racing in massive speed. I looked side to side and pushed the one's infront of me demanding for a path.
" IVY!!" I called out her name, catching almost everyone's attention. I searched and searched.

" You can have my body but not my heart.
Yes! There's someone who caught my eyes, i can't breath or forget, who i would run away with even if it's the last thing i do"

" Ivyyyy! " i called out again feeling frustrated as her voice of love confession hit me, it was a voice that echoed through the endless darkness. It sounded far away yet near my head. I wish it remains unheard but that's impossible.

"Love is something that you can't forbid Mr. Rodriguez"

Ring! Ring!
" uhm...." a groggy groan rumbled through my chest, " Normann"
" She isn't inside either"
I could feel the race of my heart, and the light sweat on my hands.
" Find her, don't give me that bullshit" The anger and frustration was boiling inside me now and mixed with something else.

Then, i heard a little girl's giggle... it came from the green garden house, i took few steps towards the glass green garden house.
The giggle repeated itself for a while.
"Who is your best friend?"
" I had one once but,"
" She left you for another?"
" No, i was the one who left instead"
_______________________________________________

                           IVY SILVER POV.

I felt pity for Richard, It seemed like him and Maris shared alot of memories together.

Just like me and........ Wilmert....

I frowned and slowly turned away from the two men. They needed sometime alone or perhaps i was the one suffocating from everything and need some time alone.
   I knew Hermann wouldn't be pleased but ... come on! If his going to keep me for God knows how long atleast i could have this free time alone.

My eyes fell on the glass House behind The Castro's mansion. I went in.
" Hello there, Wanna play?" A little innocent voice spoke behind me. I turned to find a beautiful young soul in a white simple plain dress.
" Hey, what's your name?" I asked as i bent to her level.
" Maira" She said.
" Maira... why are you here alone?" I asked again.
" No one will play with me, My mom was my only friend and we would come here together to play"
I saw the hint of tears on her eyes but she could still keep the smile on her lips, She is too young to be this strong.
"Came here baby" i opened my arms for her this is the least i could do.
I know how it feels to be away from a mother, Especially when they are your best friend.

So this is Maira Castro...

Maira decided to re-plant the dead flowers and i decided to join her on it.. little jokes on the way and made her giggle as i tickled her.
" who is your best friend?" She asked out of the blue.
" i had one once but,"
" She left you for another?" She said
" No, I was the one who left her instead" It was a weight i need to drop, It was too much to live everyday of my life knowing that i left my mom on that court room crying her eyes out.
I needed to tell someone and finally i did, it doesn't matter if she is too young to understand but the fact that she listened was enough.

Oh...shit...

      His eyes were narrowed, rigid and cold, his chest heaving with harsh breaths. Hermann stood on the doorway, looking like a bull that had just seen a red rag.
"Uncle Hermann" cheerfully said Maira before she throw herself on his arms.
He took her and lifted her on the air, as Maira giggled " Monkey... You are a big girl now" He said in his mockery voice with a smile on his lips.

Huh..... even a devil can't resist a little angel's charm.

I thought.
" I see you have met Ivy" he said
" That's her name? It's beautiful" She commented and i gave her a little thank you smile.
" Let's go monkey... " He gave her his hand and she took it happily. Then now his attention was fixed on me, " Let's go" He said in a cold dead stare and my brain stuttering the grasp the situation and the potential lake of shit i had gotten myself into.
I walked beside him, ' Why did you disobey me?" He whispered in a growled through grit teeth, pure anger seeping out from his every pore.
" I thought Richard needed some space of comfort" I replied in a small tone.
" I gave out straight orders not to leave my sight Ivy "
" I know and i am sorry Hermann" I wanted to end this, This man is a Psycho he doesn't see any problem in embarassing me on public especially now that his teeth are out.
" It's unacceptable Hermann... i am sorry believe me" Added just to make sure we are clear on his matter. His crazy, no one understands how his mind works, it's God's mystery.

" Just because you apologized, i'll let it flow for once. I won't hesitate to punish you once repeated. Are we clear Ivy?"
" Yes we're"

Something tells me that i'll be tied up naked multiple of times with this pervet. Can anyone re-mind me how i got stuck up with him.

His so demanding.

Now the funeral was about to start, Every one gathered inside quietly. I happened to see Norman and Genevieve from Far.

" Today, we are gathered here together to give our last respect to Maris Castro who was, A wife, A mother and A friend........"
As the talking went on i gave Hermann a side way glance to find his eyes closed.
His face expression was blank but the clenching of his fists said unlike wise.

Thank you dear readers for reading this chapter, your support is my full strength lovies.
Love you all and stay tuned for more.
NB: Ignore any grammatical problems and Vote before scrolling to the next chapter