chapter 35

AUTHOR'S NOTE
   WARNING ⚠️: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL VIOLENCE, THAT MAY DISTURB SOME OF YOU. DO NOT READ FURTHER IF SO.

(Past Narration)

                     GENEVIEVE POV.

    It was the times when I thought the world was all about candies. My world was as pure as the day light sky. I could never know the clouds were about to go black. That it was about to rain heavily.The earth was preparing me for a battle I was never aware of.

   It all happened on one night.

   "Jenifer wake up" it was my mother, she sounded worried, "mom—it's late" I told her.
  She didn't care, I sat on the bed and watched my mother packing my clothes.
  "Are we going on a vacation?" I spoke, Maybe to answer myself but all the panic around wasn't a vacation. Even then she was quite.
  After she was done, she quickly came and dragged me out of bed, "mom your hurting me, tell me what's wrong".
  "Get in the car!" She yelled, pushing me out of the room. I stepped out of my bedroom door with confusion. Found my dad on a call, arguing with someone on the other end. It was the first time in my life my dad passed me like a ghost.
  I walked straight to the car, my young brother Angelo was there, he was about 12 years old.
   "Angelo, what's going on?" I asked him, with tears on my eyes because everything around doesn't make sense, and it got me confused without anyone explaining what was going on.
  "I really don't know either but, it's okay. I got you" he said, opening his arms for me. I tacked in. Maybe I would feel better.
  He was always like the first. He was stronger than me, the one to speak up for me. I was like the one hiding behind his shadow and I was comfortable.
   Then my parents quickly got in car, it was like we the Logans we're running away from something. It didn't make sense. We had such a powerful family, a wealthy one. In my life it was the first time seeing my parents that way.
  "Dad, please tell us what's going on" I spoke frightened, crying.
  "It's okay baby girl" my mom said.
  "Everything is going to be fine my love" then my dad spoke.
   "Have you talked to Bernard?" My mom asked my dad in a low voice.
  "Bernard says he has no room, we're going to Monica" my dad replied.
  "Your going to be fine with Aunty Monica for a few days" my mom told us.
  "What—"
  "You know how Aunt Monica is" Angelo interrupted me, he finally spoke.
   "Take it as a visit" she said, while my dad was driving like crazy. My mom's hands shaking.
  Then, suddenly our way was blocked with almost seven cars in count. "Sara" my dad called my mom, there breathing was heavy. They we're afraid I could see it from there eyes, then my mom turned to us.
  "Listen my beautiful babies, those people out there are really bad people. And there gonna hurt us if we drop off this car". She said shakily.
  "Why are bad people After us mom!" I asked, couldn't control my tears. I never felt afraid in my whole life.
  They turned to each other before turning to us, "lately mom and dad haven't been in business with good people" my mom tried to explain in this sweet way.
  "We did it for your sake, no one ever knew it could turn out this way" my dad said.
  In that moment, I looked at my parents, never saw them that afraid. I swear at that moment, deep in my bones I knew what was going to happen. I could see everything flashing so fast.
  "Jenifer and Angelo. We are sorry" my mom said and I couldn't control my sobbing. I could feel the fever inside my body, my stomach and lungs tightened. That's how much I cried.

  My mom took out a gun, back then— never saw a gun in real life, knew it was a gun thanks to the movies tho. What terrified me the most wasn't the gun it was the new version of my mother and the gun on her hands shooting at the men Infront of us while my father quickly stepped on the gas. 
  I remember, Angelo taking me on his arms, he couldn't wrapped the whole me but he tried. I was scared, the sound of the gun made me tremble.
  "In the end It's going to be okay" Angelo whispered, there was no a better place at the moment but his voice and his warm hands.
  "But Angelo, what if nothing is going to be okay?" I asked.
  "Then it's not the end" he answered and gave me a warm smile. A smile I would like to see at my worst.
At the moment I intended to live by that, that it's going to be okay.