chapter 39

HERMANN RODRIGUEZ POV.

    In the shooting Gallery, with Norman's company, I haven't really had the chance to talk to my cousin since a lot of shit had popped out between us.
  I can't help but be in tension every time I see him, just the thought of him being the real reason that it's difficult to get Ivy back pisses me off.
  "Miguel had mentioned that Nonna came by when I was absent." he filled the empty silence.
  "You we're not absent, I fucking kicked you out" I reminded.
   "I'm aware that I crossed the line, cousin, and I'm ready to put back the pieces I have broken. " he approached afte a few minutes.
  You'rer putting back the pieces, but it can't be the same anymore, " I spoke.
  "Hermann—"
And i interrupted, Youu associated with the enemy?" I blasted.
   It's not the fact that he crossed the lin. He always does. But this time— he betrayed me and a family that betrays isn't a family, it's better to put a gun on their head and get over with.
  "You lied to me, made me look like a fool," I said.
     He kneed down his head fell on the ground, "I have wronged you and betrayed you, I deserve a bullet on my head—but, please don't hold a grudge against me" he begged and I drew a breath.
I walked past him to my jacket and took out my cigarette. At the end of the day his still family and tried to pick up the pieces as he explained.
"Blood is blood, we stick together" I said patting him on his shoulder, he stood up almost not believing what I just said, "Signore —", his words stumbled but then I walked out. 

                         MIGUEL POV.

I was anxious, and so was Carlos.. we kept staring at each other clueless, questioning ourselves.
  "His not back, I knew something bad must have happened," Carlos concluded, jumping off the chair.
  "we can't judge yet. Let's wait a bit." I still had hope tho it was fading—Hermann has never been this angry before, this intense.
   "Maybe we should have consulted Genevieve," Carlos regretted.
Then...
  "About what?"
A cold voice spoke behind us, and we froze for a bit, trying to pick up our words and turn slowly to find Hermann's bloody gaze on us.

  "Umh—about..."
  "About Carlos's crush" interrupted him. He was going to get us killed just because his bad at lying. He knows Hermann doesn't waste his time for bullshit.
I could see the way he eyed Carlos up and down, then said no more and walked out. We held our breath till he was far enough then reseased.
  "What was that?" Carlos asked.
  "An excuse, you should be glad.. I saved our dicks" I said with a sign, Before I made my way out proudly like a super hero I was.

   As I walked outside, my eyes fixed on Hermann, he leaned on the car, smoking. It has been over a decade with him and I have never seen him this attached to a girl before.
   I can't say if it's a good or bad thing but he needs her in his life, I have never seen him so chilled and calm before Ivy.
  Never have I seen him caring for a girl apart from Genevieve, I might not know much, but I know that he was at peace with her beside him.
I hope she realizes that, I hope she notices the power she has over him. I hope Ivy comes back.

  "I miss Ivy," Carlos spoke behind me.
  " Yeah, me too," I admitted with a frown.

              RICHARD CASTRO POV.

    I took Maira to bed, I made her exhausted today. She's happy, maybe the happiest she has been since her mother passed away.

  Maris,

Her voice still echoes in my ears, and something about Maira today made me recall about, her mother so much.
Honestly, I haven't been getting enough sleep since then, I mean—how could I?.

  I'm still on the mission of finding Ivy, I haven't actually had time to observe her, but the way all this is means she meant a lot more than pleasure to Hermann.
  I have known him for years, but never have I seen him attached to someone. He always maintains his circle, and everything about him is the Mafia and Family—maybe.
  I have never seen him so vulnerable to a person like the way he is to Ivy, I remember I had a glance on her at the funeral and even then, I knew she was the reason to his change.

   It was a quiet evening, I poured myself a glass of liquor, then walked to the large window my eyes possessed my calming night view, I drew a light breath, and another one followed.
  I was always prepared for battles but never saw it coming. Losing Maris made me lose my way. She didn't deserve it all, and I didn't deserve her, i levelled the glass to my lips and then swallowed.
  Then,
I flicked on the alarm and quickly placed the glass on the table as I ran to it.
  It was a head start.

HEADLINE:
   THE PRESIDENT OF THE GRANT'S COMPANIES HAS THROWN UP A SURPRISING NEWS OF HIS WEDDING TOMORROW.

   I quickly sent it to Hermann, and in no time, he replied,

Hermann; it's too soon

You; that's what I thought

Hermann; why is he putting it in public?

You; it must be a trap

Hermann; ...His calling me...

You; what should we do?

Hermann; Stay ready, prepare the men. Tomorrow, I'm not leaving without HER.

You; but it's a trap, Hermann.

Hermann; whatever the fuck his planing, I accept the challenge.

   I frowned, just something about all this doesn't sit right, and Hermann is too blinded by Ivy that he doesn't see it coming. I have to try and change his mind.

                     IVY SILVER POV.

  I had requested to see Wilmert and talk to him, so I waited. Then for about an hour he came by, stepping in quietly.
   "Are you excited about tomorrow?" He asked approaching me.
  "Tomorrow!— let's talk, please" I begged.
  "You still denying me?" He asked, "It's not that—"
   "Then what is it!?" He interrupted frustratingly, "Ivy, his only going to hurt you" he spoke pitifully.
   "You don't know that" I said dryly.
He stared at me and stood up approaching the window, " Maybe I don't, but, I know he's the one who killed your mother" he said.
  It all froze me, feeling my own body turning to ice, "what?—what are you saying?" I asked trembling.
  "I didn't want to hurt you like this, I didn't want to tell you" he explained.
   I was breaking, I felt my heart falling into pieces, " why—why are you telling me now?" I asked as tears dropped.
  "I'm helping you to make a decision" he approached me, "marry me and no one will lay a hand on you" he convinced.
     My heart is fragile and I felt stabbed again and again, the breaking doesn't stop neither the coldness. The streaming of tears doesn't dry up, Suddenly my whole universe has been frozen to ice and got broken.
   " I have the power to make him pay, I have a plan" he said.
    "You do?" I spoke between my teeth trying to control my sobbings.
    "Yes baby, but just marry me— let me make you powerful as well" he offered, "I have announced our marriage, hoping for him to show up and I'll capture him then together we'll torture him to death, just like the way he did to your mother". He was adding salt in a fresh wound, as tempting as he sounds but I have other plans.
    "Yes, I'll marry you" I agreed eventually

Thanks my darling readers for reading this chapter, Your support is my everything.
   Stay tuned for more, fire on the wayy🔥🔥🔥.
NB: ignore any grammatical mistakes.