08 (grief)

While I was writing this chapter I went on Pinterest and found those cute resin heart necklaces!
THEYRE JUST SO
GRGRGVRHE I LOVE THEMMMMM

key words:
Y/N- your name
H/C- hair color
E/C- eye color
S/C- skin color (racist comments will not be tolerated.)
F/F- favorite food
F/D- favorite drink
F/C- favorite color
S/F/C- second favorite color
DtD/O- day to day outfit (basically what you most commonly wear)
Y/P/F- your pride flag (if you openly express or do in fact have a flag :])

that should be it for the key words...and again, i HAVE to give the mandatory warning,
⚠️ this story contains disturbing subjects as; heavy gore, torture, cannibalism, blood (ofc), and other mature subjects ⚠️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Your 2nd POV)

(Warnings: this chapter contains, violence, mentions of blood, mentions of amputation, hospital scenario, victim blaming (kidnapping victim and amputee victim blaming), and an inside view of what hospital staff are really like.)

you had sat alongside Strebers bed for hours, you had to be physically pulled away once the doctors noticed your own wounds, but that didn't matter to you.
Kevin was silently sobbing in his sleep as Streber was on the thin line of life and death, his heartbeat would increase rapidly in the monitor, then it would slow down unnaturally slow.
Doctors would come in regularly to replace the IV lines that pumped much needed fluids so he'd remain stable.

After doctors had to physically remove you from the room, they had scanned over your own injuries, the stab wound was sloppily stitched and would most likely get an infection if not stitched correctly,
The teeth marks of the bear trap on your calve were just as bad, dirt caked over and ready to infect your open wounds.
As well as it was still actively bleeding, slowly, but still bleeding from when it reopened while running.

But, you didn't react to any of this at all, all you answered with was a blank and sorrowful face.
They didn't even have to sedate you or use any numbing alcohol to dress your wounds,
You required a total of 23 stitches to your stab wound, and the teeth marks were cleaned thoroughly and wrapped in gauze.
But even after all of this, you were still at Streber's side.
The staff tried to push you into a wheelchair but you denied, you were able to hear their snarky comments of how 'you probably faked being kidnapped' or 'that freak should've eaten you, maybe then it would be easier'.

Although the comments stung, you sat emotionlessly.
Kevin barely ever left Streber's side, his eyes were red and puffy with tear stains covering his cheeks.
You tuned out the nurses loud catering, they were obviously trying to piss you off with rude comments about yourself.
But something snapped.

"Yeah, and who knows, what if that one arm freaked deserved it! That cannibal could've just killed him and left, but nooooo, they had to make our job harder!"

You quickly stood up from your chair next to the bedside, storming your way over stiffly to the two nurses, two male nurses (yes men can be nurses).
"And what are you doing? Aren't you supposed to be by that patients bedside?"
You take a deep breath in and speak through your teeth.
"I would be, if you weren't such stuck up assholes that don't even care that both of our lives were at stake, he's lost his arm, I was kidnapped and almost underwent Stockholm syndrome, AND YOU HAVE THE FUCKING NERVE TO VICTIM BLAME?!"

The two men were now cowering away from you as other hospital staff looked at you in surprise.
The staff looked angry at first, but realizing the situation and the fact they were literally victim blaming an amputee and kidnapping victim, they turned against the two nurses.
You sneer and narrow your eyes, one of the nurses was still trying to accuse you of it being your fault.