4. "can i kiss you?"

december 2, 2022

— 

just us? as in me and him? ALONE? why am i freaking out.. it's not a date. i replied back saying when and where. he replied instantly. 

joão :)

we should go check out the cafe downtown, it's really pretty during this time of the year :).

 i said sure and we agreed on tomorrow at 5 pm. 

— 

december 3, 2022

joão's pov:

i was hanging out with y/n today. i cant tell julien about this, they'll bug us about it forever. it was only 2 pm but i wanted to look the best. i put on a simple outfit, i made sure to layer up since it was going to be cold. when i was finished getting ready, i just decided to sit on the couch and relax.

y/n's pov:

my stomach felt weird, i'm so nervous. i decided to start getting ready. i checked the weather and it said it was supposed to be cold asf. i didn't really care and just put on a simple cute outfit. i touched up my makeup and hair and boom, i was ready. joão said he would pick me up at 5, it was only 4:30 so i had some time to spare. i made sure i had my purse and everything i needed. 

*ding*

my doorbell. i looked through the peephole, it was joão. i opened the door and he gave me a hug. 

"hey, uh you look really.. pretty." joão said, "i mean, uhm, i really like your outfit." my cheeks heat up.

"thank you," i said "you don't look too bad yourself." i smiled.

he smiled right back at me. his teeth were so perfect. he was perfect, if i'm being honest.

we were in the car and he played my favorite song.

"wow, you remembered." i said

"of course i did." he said back

we found a spot to park downtown and we got out the car. it got even colder than it said. we started to walk down the sidewalk until we saw an ice cream shop. joão stopped at looked at me.

"can we please get ice cream?" he said, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"joão, it's like 30 degrees out, and you want ice cream?" i said shivering

"i bet you it's warm in there!" he said

he was such a child. we went inside and he ordered himself some ice cream. i said i didn't really want any since i was already frozen. he got his ice cream and we sat down as he ate it. he was scarfing it down, no joke. at least the shop was warm.

after walking downtown awhile, we stopped at the cafe. they had so many things that looked delicious. i decided i wanted a croissant, it even had chocolate inside of it. as i went to pay, joão stopped me.

"i got it." he said

"i owe you." i said, not wanting to argue with him.

i was eating my croissant as he watched me. 

"what?" i said laughing

"oh, nothing." he said smiling at me.

i continued to eat as he went on his phone. he pointed his camera up and took a picture of me. 

"hey!" i said as he clicked the button.

"got you," he said as he showed me the picture, "you look cute in it."

it was now around 7 pm and we had been just walking around and stopping at cute stores we find. we also looked at all the lights. i also made him take pictures of me. as he was taking pictures of me, i felt something wet on my head. it was snowing! i love snow. although, i wasn't dressed properly for this weather. we continued to walk in the snow and i started to shiver.

"here," he said as he handed me one of his jackets, "it'll keep you warm."

"are you sure?" i said, he nodded at me in response, "thank you." 

i put his jacket on and i was instantly warmer. the jacket wasn't even that thick or fluffy, but since it was joão's, it felt warmer.

— 

we got back in joão's car since it started to snow pretty heavily. the drive home wasn't that bad though. i forced him to play christmas music as we drove through all the lights. we pulled up to my apartment and he parked. before i could get out the car, i remembered.

"oh, here's your jacket." i said, about to slip it off.

"don't worry about it," he said "keep it."

"are you sure?" i said

"yea, for next time" he said smiling at me.

as i was sitting there, we just stared at eachother. it wasn't awkward, it was the opposite. it was very comforting.

"can i kiss you?

woah 😜😜