Chapter 15

Christmas was over, and the lights decorating the front of malls and shops have been changed to decorations for new years. Bangkok seemed lonely now that many students had gone home, stores were closed with signs about celebrating new years.

Those who didn't go home just laid in their dorm watching tv and playing on their phones without anything to do. Team was one of them.

He mumbled to himself, frustrated. He had intended to ask Pharm to hangout with him but he had a date with P'dean to go to the temple together. Hia had gone home to be with his family, he had said he could come but Team didn't want to take up his time with his family.

He had warned him to buy a plane ticket in time to go home but all the flights were booked except for the expensive seats so he gave up. On new years he called Hia and his family to wish them a happy year. He had wanted to practice swimming but Hia forbade him from going until he came back, he still didn't trust him.
Who did he think he was, his dad?

While playing on his phone a line message came in from the swim club chat. It had been active since last night because the competition was getting closer. They were all nervous and venting about it in the chat.

Aekki: when it's over take me to eat grill pork @ Winnie the pool

MenG: why would he treat the loser?

Aekki: what an attitude. I'll sue P'dean

A: I want a prize afterward!

Winnie the pool: we will take you to eat after until you can't walk home.

Dean: isnt their a meeting after the competition?

Winnie the pool: it's ok I can take him to eat first.

Team frowned reading the messages. He felt annoyed that His had said he would take them out. He didn't like it, it felt like he was being left out.

As always though Hia was busy but puts others first. How many times had he seen him putting his work off until finishing things late at night?

"Being kind again.." Team muttered and put his phone down. He looked over at his table where his cactus was now in a short pot next to a small Santa doll.

At Christmas Hia had drove him around to look at the lights. They played and took pictures all night, his phone was nearly out of memory. And after taking him to eat he had even bought him the doll.

"It's a souvenir of today, our first Christmas."

My first Christmas present I've ever gotten.

"Do you know about mistletoe?"
"What is it? Food?"
Win had laughed and bent down to take something from his bag.

"It's a foreign tradition. If you kiss under the mistletoe your love will last." He pulled out a small bunch of green flowers.

"It's difficult to find mistletoe in Thailand, so this will do." Win held the flowers above his head his sharp eyes looking at Team's confused face and chuckled.

"Well what am I supposed to do?" Team glanced around them and back at Hia's face. Slowly he realized what Win wanted.

"Hia...we're outside."