Chapter 17

The university's parking lot was full of swim club members. After putting their bags in the bus everyone climbed on scrambling to pick their seats.

Team took a window seat yawning secretly. He hadn't slept much last night. He looked out the window and watched the person who had come from the dorm stand and talk to the driver.

"I'll sit with you." A plopped down next to him without waiting for an answer, he had an open bag of snacks in his hand.

B who was also holding a bag of sweets walked to the very back to sit on the long seat. C followed him and sat down while squinting his eyes at A.

"Let's see how long he gets to sit there." B nodded toward A.
"No question."
"How could he know?"

Just as they expected, when everyone got on the bus the vice president walked up to where A and Team were sitting and gestured for A to move without hesitating.

"What's with P'Win there are plenty of empty spots.." A grumbled but got up and moved. As soon as he got out of the way B pulled him to the back to sit between him and C.

"So sleepy." Win sat down next to Team and leaned his head back against the seat, looking just as tired as the others.

"You didn't sleep last night?"
"You didn't either." Win said, looking at Team's tired eyes.
"I was just excited for the trip." Team started taking a snack from his bag.
They could help but argue and steal snacks from each other while waiting for the bus to leave.

The drive there was fun, Pharm teased the president with food, they played games, shared snacks, but as they drove the two who hadn't slept much tilted their heads together and fell asleep.

Pharm took a picture of his best friend and Win and smiled at A who was also snapping a picture. Pharm laughed mischievously to Dean who looked amused, of course he had to get back at him for always teasing him.

When they reached the bridge of river Kwai the sun was high in the sky, it was so hot they needed sun screen. The members gradually got off the bus and wandered off as the president yelled to them all they had one hour.

The sleepy boy's eyes were now full of excitement, he dragged his best friend to the bridge to take pictures. He wanted to post one to show off online.

After they took a few pictures they leaned on the rail, it was so hot they were catching their breath. They looked out at the view of the river.

"It's hot but there is a breeze." Pharm said closing his eyes and holding onto the hat Dean gave him, worried it would fall off.

"Look there's a raft." Team pointed out.
A large raft was drifting around the bend, and loud music could be heard. It seemed like a tourist raft meant for eating and singing karaoke. Team wants to ask if they can do something like that.

"We are sleeping on rafts today aren't we?" Pharm says narrowing his eyes at his friend.
"If we slept on an open raft like that we would be eaten alive by mosquitoes." Team said with a laugh, they took a selfie together as a blonde man walked up behind them.

"Nong Pharm, Dean is asking for you."
Win smiled softly at at him and touched his shoulder. His expression was so gentle that the person watching couldn't help his face twitching. His was always so nice around Pharm, calling him nong and stuff...damn it.