Day 6

7 Years Ago

It was a snowy December evening and a 5 and 3 year old Gumball and Darwin were sat on the sofa in their pyjamas with their mother, watching an animated movie with her whilst their Dad went down the shop to get some milk.

Suddenly they heard a knock on the front door.

"Oh, sounds like someone's at the door! I wonder who would possibly come at this time in the evening...? Can one of you go and see who it is."

Gumball nodded and hopped off the sofa, walking over to the door.

He opened it and at the doorstep was Richard in a Santa costume, holding a large sack of gifts.

"Hohoho, hello kids!" He greeted in a jolly Santa like voice.

"SANTA?!" The two's faces lit up excited as Darwin also ran over.

"My goodness! What are you doing here??" Nicole played along.

"I've come to check and see if you two have both been good little boys this year! Now, tell me the truth, have you?"

"Yeah!" Gumball nodded.

"Are you suuure?!"

"Yeah, we were!" Darwin agreed.

"Well I heard that just this morning you broke one of your mother's plates! Is this true?" He placed his arms on his side.

Darwin hesitated before replying. "Yeah..."

Gumball's ears lowered. "but it was an accident, honestly!"

Richard placed his paw on his chin in thought. "Hmm, is that so? I suppose you can still be on the good list then!"

"Really? We can?!" Gumball asked.

"Of course! In fact, how about I give you one of your Christmas presents early, hmm?"

"YEAH!"  They cheered and jumped up and down excited.

"That is along your mother here agrees that you belong on the nice list. What do you say Nic-Mrs Watterson?" He quickly saved himself.

She pretended to think, then grinned. "Nah, they've been very naughty! I think you should take away all their presents and give them coal instead!" She teased.

He made a fake gasp of shock. "Oh, is that so?"

"What?! No!" Darwin begged.

"We've been good, really we have!" Gumball insisted.

They turned to Nicole and looked at her with wide eyes.