Day 20

1.5 years ago

Finally, another boring day of school was over. Yet again the same exact thing I've done hundreds of thousands of times before. The same monotonous cycle of life I've been going through for the last 300 years...

I'm sick and tired of it. I'm tired of doing the same thing over and over and over every single day, with no escape or end in sight. Why was I cursed to live like this? As a ghost?

It wouldn't be as bad if I had someone to talk to. Someone to hang out with. I'm not like everyone else though. I can't do what they do. I don't belong here. I'll never belong.

She sniffed as she put her books away into her locker, floating them inside with her telekinesis, as she felt a tear trickle down her face.

Meanwhile, Gumball and Darwin walked by, happily chatting with each other. As they saw Carrie looking upset they began to slow down and looked at each with pity.

"Hey, isn't she one of our classmates?" Gumball asked.

"Yeah, err...Carrie, I think her name is?" Darwin responded.

Carrie slowly closed her locker and wiped her eyes as more tears began to fall, despite her best efforts to hold them back.

"Is...is she crying...?" Gumball asked, sounding upset as his ears lowered.

Darwin nodded. "She looks so upset..."

Gumball thought to himself out loud as he slowly looked down. "I've never seen her talk to anyone in class before... she always seems so lonely..."

Darwin turned to him. "Poor girl...maybe we should ask if she wants to hang out with us?" He suggested with a smile.

Gumball's face lit up. "Ooh, yeah, that's an awesome idea! It's bound to cheer her up!"

Carrie was heading towards the school exit but stopped as she heard Gumball call out her name. She turned confused.

The cat and fish brothers from my class? What do they want from me?

Darwin began to rub his arm. "Hey Carrie, We uh...we noticed you looked pretty upset and lonely and, well, we wondering if maybe you wanted to...hang out with us?"

They...they wanted to hang out...with me? No one at school had ever asked to hang out with me...

She gave the two a look as if she was heart warmed by their question. "R-Really? You...you really want to hang out with me!?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, of course! We've never hung out with a ghost before, so it'll probably be really fun!"

I didn't know what to say. This was the first time this had happened to me, I was speechless...

"Carrie?" Darwin asked as they awaited her response.

"Oh, err...y-yeah, sure!" She responded, managing a weak smile.

"Awesome! Come on, this is gonna be so much fun!" They grabbed her by the arm and began to drag her out of the school and towards their home. Anais was waiting outside for them, and they explained what was happening. She just shrugged and went along it, and the four set off home.