Day 17

As Gumball entered the kitchen he was very nervous. He had made the decision to do something very risky. He had thought about it long and hard and decided the risk was worth it and had gone ahead with it. Now as he entered the kitchen he could only wait and see his Mother's reaction.

He walked into the kitchen and saw Nicole making dinner. He smiled as he walked over to the fridge and placed his paw on the fridge handle. His sleeves were rolled up exposing a very surprising new addition on his upper arm.

"Hey, Mom!" He called to her as he opened the fridge.

"Oh hi honey! What are you up to today th-" She looked up from what she was doing and froze, her face changing to one of horror as she saw Gumball's arm. "Gumball...what on earth is that?!" She exclaimed as she pointed to his arm. On the side of it, visible threw his fur, were a skull and bones.

"Oh, this?" He nodded to his arm with a weak smile. "It's a tattoo."

"A what?! Gumball what have you done!?" She cried in horror as she dropped her knife onto the counter and ran over panicked, holding his arm. "What were you thinking?!"

"Well, I was gonna go with something like a peanut for Penny but it felt kinda offensive to get a tattoo of Penny's old self so I just went with this instead as it looks cool." He shrugged.

"No, I meant how could you do something like this?! Especially without asking me first!" She explained looking at him furiously.

"You...you don't like it...?" His face fell.

"Of course I don't like it! You know I don't approve of tattoos! You're way too young to make a decision like this! I cannot believe you Gumball! Of all the stupid and reckless things to do!" She dropped his arm and pinched her temple in frustration.

"Am I in trouble...?" He asked sheepishly as his ears fell.

She began to lose her temper. "YES YOU'RE IN TROUBLE! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, GOING AND GETTING SOMETHING LIKE A TATTOO?! WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING?!"

"I...I'm sorry..." He looked down.

"SORRY ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH MISTER! YOU'VE DONE SOME STUPID THINGS BEFORE BUT GETTING A TATTOO?! I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU SOMETIMES!"

"I said I'm sorry!" He looked up at her, raising his voice slightly.

"DON'T YOU RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME, YOUNG MAN! YOU'RE ALREADY IN ENOUGH TROUBLE AS IT IS!"

He decided this had gone long enough and sighed as he rubbed his other arm, a very weak smile forming. "Mom, wait, it's okay, it's not r-"

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT! WE'RE GOING TO THE TATTOO PARLOUR TO GET THIS THING REMOVED, THEN WE'RE COMING STRAIGHT BACK HOME WHERE YOU'LL REMAIN FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS BECAUSE YOU ARE GROUNDED!"

He began to panic slightly. "Wait, we don't need to! It's not an ac-"

She stopped him and grabbed his arm. "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT! WE'RE GOING, RIGHT NOW, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!"

She went to drag him out of the kitchen but was confused as she noticed the tattoo smudge under her paw. "What...?" She stopped and asked confused.

She walked over to the sink and grabbed a cloth, wiping his arm with it, and sure enough, the tattoo was wiped away. "This...this is just drawn on with a marker!" She exclaimed in confusion.

She looked up and saw Gumball with a huge grin on his face and was even more confused. He saw the genuine confusion on her face and couldn't hold it back anymore and burst out laughing.

"Ahhahahahahaha! Ahhahahahahaha! Oh my God, that worked so much better than I thought it would! I got you so good! You...you should have seen your face!"

The realization dawned on her that he had been playing a prank on her, and a wave of relief and embarrassment washed over her.

"Oh you little...you almost gave me a heart attack!" She exclaimed in frustration, though she couldn't help the grin on her face.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist!" He continued to laugh. "I can't believe you fell for it!"

She looked down embarrassed, having gotten worked up over nothing.

He noticed and began to feel a little bad so smiled and gave her a hug. "Aww, hey, it's okay, it's nothing to be embarrassed about..."

She looked up and smile."I fell for a tattoo drawn in a marker pen, I think I have a right to be embarrassed about that."

"Hey, it's not your fault! It looked really convincing!"

"You got that right! How did you make it look so good?" She asked.

"You can thank Sarah for that! I got her to draw it for me as she's a really good artist. Speaking of, I need to tell her how the prank went!"

"Well, you're gonna have to wait until you're ungrounded for that!" She crossed her arms as she looked at him sternly.

His face fell. "Wait what?! You're still grounding me?!"

She nodded. "Maybe that'll teach you a lesson for playing a prank like that on me."

"But...b-but it was just a bit of fun! I didn't mean to upset you, honest!" He pleaded.

"I don't want to hear your excuses. You only have yourself to blame."

He sighed as his ears lowered, upset that his prank had backfired on him so badly.

Suddenly she began to grin and let out a chuckle."Hah, gotcha!"

"Huh?" He looked at her confused.

"You aren't the only one who can play a prank sweetheart!" She said with a smirk.

He smiled at her and rolled his eyes. "Haha, very funny..."

"Aww, does my little Gummypuss not like getting pranked back?" She squished his cheek around and he giggled and pushed her off embarrassed. "Mom!"

"Sorry, sorry, I couldn't resist!"

He smiled, letting out a chuckle. "It's okay! So, just to be sure, are we good? You aren't mad anymore?"

"No, of course I'm not...as long you promise not to pull a prank like that on me again!" She raised her eyebrow.

"Mmm...no promises!" He giggled.

She rolled her eyes and let out a chuckle. "Oh, come here you little rascal!"

She held out her arms and he gave her a loving hug. "Thanks for being such a good sport Mom..." He smiled.

"You're welcome, sweetheart..." She ruffled the fur on his head.

He let go of her and grinned as he back to excitedly run towards the front door. "I gotta go tell Sarah about how well the prank went! Though knowing her she probably already knows..." He thought out loud.

He left and she chuckled and went back to making dinner as she shook her head. God knows how much she loved that mischievous little kitten of hers...