Boiling Point

Back at the farm, Luke had been waiting for everyone to return home, seen as Candy drove him home 'cause he left the General with Bo, so he decided to get some sleep, he was exhausted for how much he had done this morning, extra chores and being with Candy.

It took Bo over an hour to get home, when it should've taken only half an hour with his usual speed. He was heartbroken, which caused him to drive slower, advised by Sarah's father. Bo got home and went straight into his and Luke's room only to find Luke passed out on his bed. Not wanting to wake Luke, Bo quietly lied down on his own bed for about 5 minutes and was almost asleep when Daisy and Jesse came home. Bo went to go welcome them back home from their trip to Capital City, and to let them know Luke was sleeping, Bo wanted Luke to be rested up so they could go for a drive later on, to get Sarah-Beth off of Bo's mind.

The three Dukes walked into the living room and were sitting down, talking about their day so far, when they heard a scream, none of them knew what was wrong, but since Bo knew where Luke was, everyone followed him to see why Luke was screaming continuously. They ran into Bo and Luke's bedroom, to find Luke screaming, but it looked like he was still sleeping, they hoped it was only a nightmare. Jesse tried to wake Luke up and tell him everything was alright, but the closer he got to Luke the more purple Lukes face was. Jesse turned around with pure fright in his eyes. “Daisy call Doc Applebee, Bo get Luke out to the pickup while I grab a cloth, by the looks of things he ain’t breathing we need him to get to Doc Applebee if not the hospital.”

A few minutes later Daisy returned. “Doc said that there wouldn’t be anything he could do for Luke without losing him. He advised we just take him to the hospital, it would give him more of a fighting chance.” “Alright let’s get going then, he needs medical help, Bo you sit in the back with Luke, Daisy you drive.”

The Dukes left the farm and headed to the Tri-County Hospital.

At the Hospital

Luke had gone into an emergency room and all of his family was in the waiting room. Daisy had noticed something was wrong with Bo, but wasn’t sure what it was, she figured it might be Luke but he looked upset as home, not as bad as now, but still upset. Daisy told Jesse and they both started getting worried and prayed that whatever it was it wouldn’t rip there family apart.

“I noticed Bo was like this when the boys got home from Dance last night, but I figured they probably got drunk or something, and I don’t feel asking Bo would be a smart idea right now and i can’t ask Luke because he’s in that there hospital room.” Jesse finished his speech then got real silent.

All you could hear in that hospital for a few hours was silence. A silence full of pain and wonder.