The Disappearance

Once Luke was wide awake, Jesse filled him in on what happened with Bo. “I have an idea as to where Bo might be, and I can’t really tell you where that is, it’s his and mine secret little spot that no one else knows about except maybe Cooter but I doubt it.” Luke calmly replied. “Well unless we can get a way for someone to go out there Bo will be gone for two days. That is unless he decides to return on his own.” Now Luke was confused, couldn’t he go find Bo on his own and right away. After a few minutes everything started making sense, Luke wasn’t allowed to leave the hospital for two days; they needed to keep him under surveillance. The doctors still hadn’t figured out what exactly caused Luke to get a fever, and uncontrollable pain causing him to scream while he was unconscious.

Cooter had been visiting Luke real often, finally giving into worry Luke told Cooter of the exact location of the fishing place and asked if he’d go and check if Bo was there or not. Two days finally passed but Luke wasn’t allowed to leave the hospital quite yet, and once he did he was to stay on the farm for at least a week and rest.

At the fishing pond Bo had slept most of the time he was there, the other part he was fishing for food. By this time, he figured someone had to be looking for him and he wasn’t ready to be found quite yet so he ran father away, he was almost near Chickasaw County before he went into the woods to find a spot to lie down.

Bo was exhausted and finally stopped near a pond and couldn’t keep going and just plum collapsed. Once Bo woke up from a long needed nap he sat up and almost lost his breath, sitting in front of him was none other than Judd Kane, Luke’s little brother.

Back at Bo and Luke’s fishing spot, Cooter was just arriving hoping to find Bo sitting by river playing guitar.  Walking down to the river, Cooter looked high and low but couldn’t find Bo sitting playing guitar like he had hoped.

Balladeer: Too bad he was wrong, but hey there is a thing called wishful thinking.

Cooter didn’t give up, he looked for clues as to where Bo could be, after searching for three hours he finally found something; Bo’s pocket knife. Now Cooter may not be the best at surviving but he had been around Bo and Luke enough to know that their pocket knives got them out of a lot of tough situations and helped them survive in the wilderness whenever needed.

Finally giving in he rushed back into town hoping Jesse had put in a missing report, he wanted it to get put in and fast, before anything bad happened to Bo; something bad everyone would feel bad about.