Emergency Number Two

With Bo in the hospital and Luke sitting in the corner of Bo's room worrying about Bo, the Duke family was practically torn apart. Daisy couldn’t help but think to her-self “Will everything ever go back to normal or will Bo and Luke always stay this way, ripping them-selves apart inside?”

Jesse was back beside Bo, who was fighting his own battle inside him. He had two choices; try his best to wake up and return to his family or let him-self die like he had originally planned to do. By now he knew that Luke had spoken word of Sarah-Beth. “Oh Sarah-Beth” Bo thought to himself, “What would she do if she found out that she part of the reason this family was torn apart? Wait a second, if Luke knew that Sarah-Beth was the reason I ran off, what would he do? He wouldn’t try to do what I did would he? No, he is way smarter than that! Then again, maybe he is moping around all day long, blaming himself. I hope that isn’t it, if either one of those was true then… well… Luke could stay like that forever; forever in pain, not speaking to anyone, putting himself through a guilt trip. Why that would be enough to either kill him-self or leave Hazzard or even talk with Sarah-Beth.”

As strong headed as Bo was, he distinguished inside of him-self that he had to return, he knew his family needed him; Luke needed him. “Luke I am coming home, I won’t let anyone tear our family apart… no one will tear you and I apart; cousins and blood brothers!” Bo swore to himself he’d fight, he’d fight his hardest and he would come out victorious; no matter what it took.

Luke was worrying himself sick, hoping Bo would wake-up; Jesse and Daisy both saw it in his eyes. Jesse is a little older, a little wiser and he saw something more wrong with Luke than Daisy would have unless she was right beside him, or observing him for over an hour or so. Luke had started sweating a lot again, his face was going red and about roughly every ten minutes he’d fall asleep for maybe fifteen minutes or so. He had hoped he was just frustrated and also tired, but every time Luke fell asleep it took him longer to wake up; Jesse had been wrong, dead wrong.

Jesse got up, he was getting a little worried about Luke, he should’ve woken up and asked how Bo was, like he had done earlier on in the night; but he stopped that about an hour or two ago. Jesse got up and walked towards Luke, the closer he got, the more Jesse realized that Luke showed no sign of waking up this time. Luke had been sleeping for over half an hour, and looked to motionless for it to be actual sleeping.

Jesse finally managed to sit beside Luke on the floor, and noticed something about his breathing; something was wrong. “Doc Applebee! Doc Applebee! Come quickly! Please hurry! It’s an emergency!” Jesse belted, causing Daisy to jump and an unconscious Bo to twitch. “Something’s happening; I need to wake up to see what’s going on! That or they can just speak about what all the commotion is about!” Bo thought to himself.

“Uncle Jesse what’s happening?” Daisy asked quickly, but got no response from her uncle. “Jesse; is something happening with Bo?” The doctor shouted as he entered the hospital room. “Hell no!” Bo thought to him-self yet again. “No Doc, its Luke, I am not sure exactly what is happening but his breathing is getting shallow, and raspy!” Jesse shouted.

No, no, no, no, no! Luke, no…” Bo was starting to shake, he was worrying and Daisy could tell, which meant he knew what was going on. Which also meant; Bo could hear them. Doc Applebee and a few other doctors came in, carried Luke to the empty bed next to Bo, and rushed him into the emergency rooms.