Chapter 16

⚠️ UNEDITED

--------

Little pale-cream particles tried to dominate my whole feet's structure with every step I took towards the softly rippling water, body-pulling waves coming onwards to coat the smaller one.

Although the night had entirely engulfed the whole place with it's black-pit hole, I could make out the little shells close to the edge of where the liquid tries to capture everything within the area it reaches due to the luminating moon above me, light reflecting off onto the water.

At the time I was in front of the crashing waves, I removed my slippers and moved forwards to the end of its range of apprehension, letting it envelop the feet of mines. Likewise with the iceberg temperature of the beach night's breeze, the water was also the same to it. Chills were sent to my body when the air along with the fluid had come in contact with my skin, resulting for me to cross my arms and rub both of its sides in order to develop some heat.

Hindi ako makatulog. Kaya, na-isipan ko lumabas muna sa kwarto ko at magtungo rito para magpalipas ng oras.

I don't know whether I couldn't sleep kasi namamahay ako o due to the different thoughts and especially the numerous 'what if' question invading my mind.

The orbs of mines gazed up on the night sky. The moon radiating a soft-white light while the stars were twinkling beside it.

Ang ganda ng buwan.

Mas detailed siya sa province kumpara sa city. Halos wala ako makita doon kundi mga ulap sa langit at mga itim na usok.

Nanatili ako sa puwesto ko ng mga ilang minuto. Hinayaan kong magpatuloy ang paglalakbay ng hangin sa aking balat pati na rin ang pa-ulit-ulit na pagdapo ng mga maliliit na alon sa balat ko habang naghihintay dumalaw ang antok sa aking katawan.

Bakit ba kasi tuwing gabi kumakatok ang maraming katanungan sa isip ko?

It's somehow getting annoying.

Out of nowhere, what I was waiting for had finally come. Tiredness had been registered by my body after standing for so long, followed by a small yawn. Agad akong humakbang pabalik sa tirahan, ngunit isang maliwanag na ilaw sa di kalayuan ang nahagip ng aking mata na nagparesulta sa pagtigil ko sa paglalakad.

Alam kong pinatay na namin yung ilaw sa malaking cottage kanina ah?

Wala na rin tumambay pagkatapos non, nanood tsaka nagkwentuhan kami sa sala pagkabalik namin sa bahay.

With the overflowing curiosity inside of me, the legs of mine started changing its trek, now moving towards the direction of the light source. When I was a little close to it, biglang tumibok ang aking puso sa pagkakita ko ng isang itim na buhok, katawan nito'y binabalot ng puting saplot. My hand immediately placed itself in the area where my abnormally beating heart is.

Hindi naman ito multo no?

Nawala bigla antok ko, gago.

Still having some courage left within myself, I advanced forward to look more closely at the person. Meanwhile sa status ng puso ko, tila'y parang tatalon na ito sa bawat hakbang iginagawa ng aking paa upang makalapit na nang tuluyan rito.

Mag-aamen na lang ako kapag multo nga 'to.

Finally, the human's figure was complete in my view once I was in front of the lengthy chair they were laying on. Eyes were closed, white blanket pulled up until it covered half of their nose, and body facing the leaning part of the seat, leaving the rear of the individual to be exposed to the lengthy table.

I brought both of my hands onto my face, rubbing the eyes of mine roughly as I wasn't sure if I saw the correct person who was sleeping in the cottage premises. Pagkababa ng aking mga kamay, tama talaga ang nakikita ko.