Prologue

Prologue

A star was shining when he was born.
- J U A N

"Cebu Province!"

The young lady then walked confidently onto the stage like she owns it, removing her yellow shawl that covered her white two-piece swimsuit outfit, hugging her sexy curve. Napapanganga ang karamihan sa ganda niya. Who could have overlooked her sultry beauty? She is 5'9" tall, with an ethereal face, slender figure, tiny waist, and fair white skin. Mas lalo pang dumadagdag sa ganda niya ang biloy sa ibaba ng kaniyang mga mata ngayong siya ay nakangiti habang rumarampa sa harap ng madla.

And she looks stunning on television!

The female host then introduced her as she continued to grace the evening. "This half-Greek, half-Filipina is studying culinary arts while also modeling on various catwalks; I love her aura and confidence, Cebu Province!"

"Pagduso pa. Nakita nako ang ulo sa bata," the midwife said while tending to Mrs. Razonable. She was giving birth in a lying-in somewhere in Santander while watching Binibining Pilipinas on television.

"Ugh!" she exclaimed, the pushing was exhausting. She feels as if she's ejecting a watermelon from her body. Naghalu-halo na ang pawis at luha sa pagod niyang mukha. Nanginginig ang kaniyang balakang at tila hindi na niya kaya ang sakit. With the pain she was in, she was on the verge of giving up.

Ngunit napapatingin siya sa black and white na telebisyon habang umiire ng napakalakas! "Ugh!"

"If you had to choose between love and a career as a nineteen-year-old girl, which would you choose and why?" The female host then posed a question to candidate number ten.

"I always had this favorite quote of Albert Einstein and I want to share it with the youth who are experiencing love while studying," Miss Gomez said, taking a calm breath and smiling like an angel. "If you want to be happy, tie it to a goal rather than to people or things. People change with the passage of time, so don't rely on them for anything. Love can find you if you develop self-esteem and a successful career. Thank you very much! "

The audience then cheered and whispered to one another They were waving the long banner and chanting loudly the name of the province where she was from. "Go, Cebu!" She was the favorite of both the audience and the judges. Miss Gomez's answer satisfied them.

"Our Binibining Pilipinas International 2003 is..." announced the pageant's female host. There was a drum roll as the candidates held hands in the center of the stage. Everyone was screaming, cheering, and chanting for each of their candidates' representatives!

Mrs. Razonable screamed so loudly, "Cebu!" that the baby escaped from her massive womb.

"Binibining 10, Isla Gabrielle Gomez from Cebu!"

Everyone was overjoyed that she had won.

She was radiant and shining when he was born.