CHAPTER 71

Before the war began, Vibhishan had already arranged for his companions Anal, Panas, Sampati and Pranati to enter the city of Lanka, infiltrate Ravan's army and get updates on the most recent happenings in the city and the war preparations.

Then Vibhishan informed Shri Ram and Sugreev about the commanders guarding the gates of Lanka and the size of army deployed with each of them.

Based on this and with the knowledge gathered by Hanuman about the fortifications of the city, Shri Ram deployed his Vanar commanders on the four gates to match the strength of the Rakshasas.

In the first few days of the war, all the commanders sent by Ravan had been killed on the battlefield. Thus the king of Rakshasas sent his most celebrated commander and valourous son, Indrajeet Meghnaad.

His arrival wrecked havoc in the Vanar Sena, because Meghnaad resorted to use his powers of creating illusions, which allowed him to inflict several injuries on the Vanars.

Indrajeet used his Nagpash on Shri Ram and Lakshman, due to which they collapsed on the ground, unconscious. But help came in the form of divine intervention by Garud who came and freed the brothers as well as helped them regain their strength.

The day when Prahast, one of Ravan's trusty ministers died in battlefield, was the day the King of Rakshasas himself entered the battlefield.

Seeing effulgence of Ravan, Shri Ram was impressed.

"Vibhishan, kaun hai yeh yoddha ? Aisi prabha aur aisa roop toh Devtao mei bhi dekhne nahi milte." Shri Ram said.

"Yahi hai Lankadhipati Trilok Vijayi Ravan." Vibhishan said.

"Accha huya Ravan antatah mere samaksh aagaya. Sita ke haran ke din se aaj tak jo krodh mere andar hai, aaj yeh uss krodhagni ka bhaagi banega." Shri Ram said angrily.

Ravan was formidable on the battlefield, his attack had left Sugreev and Neel unconscious. Hanuman and he had an hand to hand combat, but unable to defeat him, Ravan moved to fight Lakshman.

The son of Sumitra was waiting to get a chance to fight Ravan. A fierce battle of arrows took place. Then the king of Rakshasas uses a brutal shakti weapon which struck Lakshman's chest, sending burning sensations down his body, rendering him unconscious.

Hanuman saw Lakshman fall on the ground, he angrily rushed towards Ravan and gave a strong punch on his chest. The force was such that blood spilled out from the mouth, eyes and ears the king of Rakshasas as he fell unconscious.

Hanuman then lifted Lakshman and brought him to a safe place, close to Shri Ram. Soon both Lakshman and Ravan gained consciousness and were ready to fight once again.

But this time Shri Ram challenged Ravan, and because the King of Rakshasas was on a chariot, Hanuman lifted Shri Ram on his shoulder to enable him to fight better.

But rather than to respond to Shri Ram's challenge, Ravan aimed his arrows at Hanuman severely injuring him. This made so Shri Ram furious that he showered back to back arrows on Ravan, killing his horses and Sarthi and breaking his chariot in no time.

Ravan stood there shocked, completely exposed. He didn't know what hit him. Looking at the King of Rakshasas sternly, Shri Ram halted his attack.

"Tumne ran-bhoomi mei khub shakti ka pradarshan kiya hai mere sabse uttam yoddhao se yudh karke. Kintu abhi tum shashtra-heen, surakhsa-heen aur rath-heen ho chuke ho. Iss liye mai tumhe nahi marunga. Laut jao aur kal punah naye shashtra aur rath ke saath ana." Shri Ram said.

Ravan was so embarrassed that he didn't say a word. He quickly turned back on his foot and headed back to his palace. This defeat crushed Ravan's pride and confidence.

"Aisa pratit hota hai ki jis Vedvati ne mujhe bahut poorv shraap diya tha.... Woh Sita ka janm leke aayi hai." Ravan said in a moment of weakness.

But he wasn't going to give just by one defeat. He knew there was no backing away now.

"Kumbhkaran ko uthao !" Ravan ordered.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Tsk Tsk Tsk.... Kya Durdasha huyi hai... Bade aaye the ki ladenge ladenge... Ab dekho.... Ab toh chullu bhar paani bhi nahi milega doobne ko.... 😂😂

Chullu bhar paani be like - Hum isko dooba ke apna apmaan nahi karayenge U.U

🤣🤣🤣🤣