22

Louis whistled some tune he had heard on the radio in the car earlier under his breath as he strolled down the stairs in a pair of shorts about to go to the basement to work out. He rounded the corner where he saw Harry sitting at the kitchen counter with a cup of tea in front of him staring at his phone that was laying on the surface.

"The number won't dial itself." Louis said amused making Harry jump.

"I know that." Harry grumbled without taking his eyes off the device.

"Where's the problem?" Louis asked now softer when he walked over to him and jumped onto the counter dangling his legs in the air.

"I don't know." Harry sighed and dropped his head against Louis' thigh. "I don't even know what to say."

"Darling, we talked about this. You want to get clearance and have another talk with your mum, what could possibly happen? You already talked to her, it's not like it's the first time you're meeting up in ten years." Louis explained softly and lifted his head stroking Harry's cheek with his thumb.

"I know, but I'm scared." Harry said quietly and melted into Louis' touch turning his head slightly to kiss the palm of his hand.

"You want me to stay with you when you call her?" Louis asked and Harry nodded immediately.

"Yes, please." He breathed out.

"Okay. Everything's gonna be alright, yeah?"

Harry took a deep breath but nodded before picking up his phone and clicking on his mother's contact. The longer it rang the more nervous he got and he was beyond glad to have Louis by his side who was holding his hand tightly the entire time.

"Hello?" Anne greeted when she picked up the phone.

"Mum? It's me." Harry said shortly and Anne gasped surprised.

"Oh, hi, honey! I'm so happy you're calling." She said relieved.

"Uh, yeah...I-" A look of panic erupted on Harry's face and his eyes grew wide not knowing what to say, but Louis kissed his hand quickly to get his attention and looked him deep in the eyes.

"You can do it. Everything is fine. I'm with you all the time." He whispered, stroking his cheek with his free hand. Harry gulped but nodded quickly.

"I wanted to ask you when you're in London again so we could maybe...I don't know...meet up or something." He said nervously.

"Oh, that would be lovely! Just tell me when you are free and I come to London, I can get a few days off, it's no bother." Anne said without even thinking twice. She had sworn to herself to make up for every mistake she had made and she'd do everything for her son to forgive her.

"O-okay, uhm, how about on the weekend? We could meet up in the city and have lunch or something." Harry suggested and breathed out shakily but with a small smile when Louis grinned at him and gave him a thumbs up.

"Yes, of course! Saturday sounds good? I could be there at twelve." Anne said happily.

"Yes, that works for me. Uh, I think of somewhere to go and text you, okay?" Harry checked and Anne agreed immediately and shortly after they hung up.

Harry dropped the phone on the counter and exhaled relieved and not even a second later Louis pulled him off the chair and between his legs hugging him tightly. Harry immediately melted into the touch and nuzzled his face in the crook of his neck.

"I'm so fucking proud of you, baby." Louis mumbled and squeezed him.

"Thank you." Harry breathed out and flung his arms around his waist.