Chapter 10- Do I Have A Choice?

© All Rights Reserved

I walk to the chemistry lab after lunch and immediately, I am stopped by someone stepping in front of me.

"Hey Katie." Bryce says with a grin.

"Wow." I say sarcastically looking up at him. "I haven't been tormented since yesterday. Hey Bryce. How have you been?"

"Did you miss me?" He asks with a wink.

"No." I say before pushing him aside and walking away.

"I'm not going to let you leave our conversation that easily." He says jogging after me.

"Then what do you want?" I ask him.

"I just wanted to tell you that I know the truth about your boyfriend." Bryce says. "And I can expose him anytime."

"Why don't you then?" I ask with a shrug.

"Because I'm not you." He snorts. "Just remind the little freak what he used to be before he gets too cocky."

"Adam's not like that." I tell Bryce.

"He will be."

"He's not you." I say with a snort.

"Sadly." He adds with a shrug. "By the way... I saw that hesitation in the football field yesterday." He says with a smirk.

I frown at him. "What are you talking about?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." He says with a grin before walking away.

------

It's my free period and the hallways are an absolute ghost town.

I wander around the school hoping to find someone to bump into. Surprisingly I bump into Adam who's in the football field running around making laps.

"Hey Adam." I grin waving at him.

"Hey Katie. Free period?" Adam asks jogging over to me.

I nod.

"Same." He grins as he continues to jog in his place.

"So... how was your practice yesterday?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Exhausting." He said before chuckling. "That reminds me... I have no practice today, can you tutor me for our next topic in Math, Algebra right? I suck at that."

I laugh. "Sure."

-----

I sit on the passenger's seat of Adam's car as we drive towards his house for tutoring.

"Isn't that your house?" I ask Adam pointing to the house that's right beside the one where we're parked in.

He nods. "Yep." He says before facing the back to reach out for the bag under his chair.

"So what are we doing here?" I ask staring at the house that's not his.

"Just wait a sec Katie." He says.

I stare at him weirdly as he takes out some old Adam clothes from the bag he just pulled out.

"What are you doing?" I ask staring at him weirdly.

"Turn around." He says ignoring my question.

"What?" I ask.

Then out of nowhere he pulls his shirt off and my eyes widen. I tilt my head to check out his stomach and my eyes widen. I nod slowly in assent.