Chapter 14- A New Friend

© All Rights Reserved

Hurriedly, I slid on my sandals before grabbing my bag and running down the stairs.

"I swear you are the slowest person to get ready." Andy says once I hop into the back seat of her car.

"Hey Katie." Michael greets with a small smile as he catches my eye in the rearview mirror.

"Hi Michael." I greet back. "You see, at least Michael has the decency to greet me properly. Hi to you too Andy."

"We have a reservation Katie." She says before driving away and turning a curve. "I thought you knew that."

I shrug. "I did know that. It's just that it takes dedication to look like this. You have to sacrifice a lot of your time." I tell Andy jokingly as I flip my hair over my shoulder.

We finally arrive at our destination.

The waiter leads Andy, Michael and I to our table when I spot Adam sitting alone at the far end of the corner.

"I'll follow." I tell Andy before walking towards Adam.

"Adam! Hey." I greet once I reach him.

He looks up before smiling. "Hey Katie. What are you doing here?"

I shrug. "Michael, Andy and I just wanted to hang out. You?"

He grins. "Oh, um Britney and I are on a date. She's in the ladies room just freshening up."

"Wow." I say. "That's incredible. So this must be your second date huh?"

Adam shakes his head. "No actually, fifth." He laughs. "Ever since your party last Friday night, her and I have been going out. I actually don't know if we're official." He says with a shrug.

I nod. "Well have you kissed yet?" I ask dreading to hear his answer.

He blushes quickly before shaking his head with a small smile. "No um not yet."

"Well knowing Britney, you will. Soon." I laugh as I sigh in relief.

"Katie what are you doing here?"

I look over to see Britney glaring at me with her arms crossed.

"Just about to leave." I say before bidding Adam goodbye and walking away.

Thankfully, seeing Britney didn't ruin my night. Michael, Andy and I had a blast. From eating the most delicious foods all the way to telling each other stories.

"Speaking of which..." I say with a small smile once Michael finishes a story about him and Andy. "Your 2 year anniversary is coming up. Any plans?" I ask wiggling my eyebrows at them.

They both chuckle nervously before Michael gets up and excuses himself.

I frown as I watch Michael walk away. "Did I say something wrong?" I ask.

Andy takes a deep breath before leaning her head on her hands. "No you didn't. Don't beat yourself up." She says with a sigh. "It's just that Michael and I have been distant recently and we never get our alone time together like we used to. I have a feeling he wants to break up with me."

I roll my eyes. "Nonsense. Andy, he's probably just really anxious because you guys have been dating for 2 years now. I would be terrified if I were still dating someone for 2 years." I laugh making Andy laugh too. "So just relax and try putting yourself in his shoes. I don't know, maybe he's just pressured because he wants to give you an amazing gift."

She sighs. "I hope so."

I give her a small smile before looking around trying to find Michael and instead I see Adam and Britney. I don't realize that I was staring at the two of them until Andy caught my attention.