CHAPTER 001

I was panting heavily,my shoes hanging below my heel while I'm focusing on trying to catch my bus instead of my hunger and tiredness

I was panting heavily,my shoes hanging below my heel while I'm focusing on trying to catch my bus instead of my hunger and tiredness.Strands of my hair flying in my face and sticking to the gloss I applied earlier.My bag barely being able to hang onto my shoulders with my blazer gripping tightly around the upper half of my body.

It was cold,so so so cold.It was like I could feel hypothermia itself coming out to get me while my nose goes cold and stuffy.I feel my nose and cheeks go red,as my fingers only get more numb as if my finger prints are being frozen off.

It's stupid really,thinking if I went to sleep at 2am I'd still be able to wake up at 7am and get ready for school in time.In my humble defence it's not technically my fault,I've done it before so I thought I'd be able to do it again.Smart? No.Would I do it again?Yes.

I slow down my pace as I reach a corner,by now I'm panting like a dog that's just gone on a walk, it's embarrassing but whatever.The corner leads to the bus stop,my bus still hasn't arrived so now I have at least 30 seconds tops to get myself together before I get on it.

I take of my bag completely setting it on the red bench I've been leaning on to catch my breath.I lean down and hook my finger around the back of my shoes to pull them up and around my heel.I sigh and tap my skirt down to straighten it to look at least a little presentable,it's not everyday looking like I'm homeless.

I straighten the ends of my blazer,positioning it around my shoulders in a way it didn't feel like I was being suffocated.I fully close my bag making sure I packed everything even though if I didn't I wouldn't do anything about it because it was simply to late.

My bag was now on my back sitting comfortably,tilting slightly when I move to see if my bus is in view,to my luck,it is.I pull out my phone while giving a signal to the bus that I needed it to stop.When it finally stops in front of me I pull out my bus pass from the back of my phone case and press the beeper.

I sat on a free seat and pulled out my phone to check the time.8:04 not bad for someone who woke up 12 minutes ago.I had to be there by 8:05 as school started at 8:10.There where only a few stops left,3 to be exact.

Kai is going to feel my wrath when I arrive to school,he doesn't even have the human decency to wake me up.I kiss my teeth and lean back in my seat with a huff.

By the time I get off the bus I'm speed walking to the gates entrance praying Miya won't suffocate me to death,although dying wouldn't be the worse thing at the moment.I reach the gate by 8:10 and see Miya with her eyes glowing red and smoke coming out of her ears.Of course not literally but she might as well have looked like that with the way she was looking at me.

I jogged towards Miya pulling her by her arm before she could protest.
"We don't want to be late now do we?"My voice slightly out of breath from both fear of being late and fear of what Miya would say.

I heard Miya kiss her teeth but I chose to ignore it like the humble person I am and dragged her up the stairs to home room.We entered just as the pips went off and sat ourselves down before our home room teacher could add a snarky comment.

"Do you realise how long I stood outside!?,without any remorse I'll shove my pencil case up your ass"she ranted and ranted and ranted.

I fix the hair out of my face and look to my left to see Soobin already looking at me.He laughs at my antics probably guessing what has happened.I smile back,feeling a little better.
He's so refreshing I thought.

[word count - 718 words]