CHAPTER 004

I reached the gate in a few minutes,with Soobin already in view

I reached the gate in a few minutes,with Soobin already in view.His back was facing towards me so I took this as an opportunity to scare him.I ran up to him and felt him stiffen as I gave him a back hug.

Once he realised who it was,his body relaxed and turned around to face me.My arms where still around his waist when I looked up,my chin resting on his chest(if your taller than him picture yourself looking down/if your his height just picture yourself looking directly at him)

He gave me a warm smile as his arms snaked around my waist in return.

"Ready to go?"
"Always ready!!!Where to?"I raised an eyebrow as I didn't even know where he was taking me.
"Let's go to the cafe down the street,on me"

He's always spending money on me and I don't know how I feel about that,sometimes it's life saving,other times I feel like I owe him my life with the amount he's spent on me.

"Soobin just this once let me pay,I received my pay check on Sunday"
He looked at me disapprovingly with his eyebrows furrowed and lips pressed tightly together.

"no"

Out of all the things I expected him to say,I wasn't expecting something that direct and forward.I couldn't help but scoff in shock.

"Yeah sure,let's go"I let go of his waist as he did the same to mine,I was about to march forward when I realised I didn't know where I was going so I just stood there.

He noticed this and chucked while grabbing my hand,intertwining our fingers together while leading the way,taking the lead yet again I see.

We were left in a comfortable silence as he swayed our held hands back and forth.I felt myself internally blushing deeply,I know it's not the first time we've done things like this but I can't help but to feel flustered when he does always act like we are a couple.

I clear my throat as he turns his head to look at me,his blonde hair moving swiftly across his forehead as he does so.

"You can be so mesmerising at times"I say out loud because he really is,the way he acts so perfectly it's like he doesn't try,it's mind boggling.

His eyes widen is shock as a light blush appears over his cheeks,he chuckles nervously and turns his head to face forward.

"I don't know how you say things like that so causally"

"What do you mean,I thought you were aware"
I realise I'm still facing him,so I turn my head back so I'm now facing forward so I don't have an inconvenient fall that would only embarrass me more than it would hurt me.

"Hmmm,if you thought I was aware,why'd you say so?"

"It was like I was reminding you.Are you even gonna say thank you,you never take compliments."

"Thank you y/n I could say the same thing about you"

I don't even know what to say to that,should I be glad because I was given a compliment by someone so beautiful it hurts,or should I internally cringe because this is something that would happen in a k-drama?

I have my doubts if he's being serious but at the same time,I am mesmerising so I won't even try argue with him,so my end decision is thanking him.

"Thank you"

<<<very small time skip>>>

We finally reached the cafe,with a ding of the door,the first thing I noticed was the calm atmosphere,the sound of faint speaking, keyboards tapping,the smell of coffee beans and croissants.It was all just a sweet place with nice decor and sweet sounding music.

We both reached the counter,and stood behind a middle aged woman with her young toddler.When she clarified her order and
payed,both me and Soobin came forward,he ordered first and as he did so I took out my card ready to pay before he could,I ordered (something you get at a cafe,both drinks and food) and when she read out the total:

"That will be 19,134.54won (£12)please"

[I googled the currency so I'm not 100% sure if that's correct]

Before Soobin could react I pressed my card against the card machine hearing the beep as my card was authorised and our things were payed for.

"Your things will be out in a minute"

"Thank you"I smile back at her as I walk towards a table near a window.Soobin sits across from me,my head is facing the window admiring the view.I feel a glare,so I look back at him laughing at the look on his face.

"I don't understand why you're mad at me,I've done a good deed today,you should be proud"
My smile is wide as my hunger only grows as I smell our drinks being made.

"I'll pay you pack don't worry y/n,I will"His glare has stopped as he realised that bank transactions are a thing.He reaches for his phone in an attempt to do so,but I shout stop.
Of course I'm not actually shouting that would cause unwanted attention.

"It's not that deep,just this onceeeee"I always make jokes about wanting to find a rich guy that would pay for all my wants and needs but when it actually happens,I can't help but feel bad,especially when I have money of my own.

A waitress comes towards our table and sets our food and drinks down,I can't help but feel mesmerised at the site in front of me,as we both thank the lady at the same time,we dig straight in.

"Oh Soobin,before I forget,can I ask you a favour?"

[word count - 985 words]