Author's Note

Hi, guys! Before you actually start reading the story, I just wanted to point out a few fast facts about each of the characters that might help with understanding the story. Also for the ages, I'm trying to keep the age gaps and stuff the same as the real show.

Zuko: 17 years old (11th grade) --- Season 3 appearance (the long hair and bangs and stuff)

Aang: 13 years old (7th grade) --- Season 3 appearance (with hair---like his Kuzon disguise)

Katara: 15 years old (9th grade) --- Season 3 appearance (the braid and "hair loopies")

Sokka: 16 years old (10th grade) --- Season 3 appearance (meaning without the shaved parts on both sides)

Toph: 13 years old (7th grade) --- same bangs and stuff from the show, but instead of one bun (like in the show), she has two little teddy buns in the back

Suki: 16 years old (10th grade) --- Season 3 appearance (no Kyoshi warrior makeup whatever---open hair and ponytail)

Ships: Now, I'm not really much of a ship person but these are the main ships that will be incorporated into this story: Kataang (Katara x Aang) & Sukka (Sokka x Suki)

Okay, so those are the characters (if you're confused on any of the appearances, you can look at the photo above) and the ships. With the plot, I really don't want to spoil anything, but basically, the story is set in the Modern Era (Early 21st Century) and this is a world controlled by non-benders. Benders, on the other hand, are actually extremely rare to come across now and they're kind of treated like... ever heard of the Salem Witch Trials? It's kind of like that. If you're a bender and you get turned over to the authorities... you can get killed. Just for being a bender. Kind of a depressing thought. Firebenders are the worst off, but, then again, that might be because they STARTED A FREAKIN' WAR.

But, without further ado, let's get into the story!