Valuable

Akaza found himself thinking a lot about the incident. So much that it was unusual, he usually didn't think about anything too much. He was also thinking about Douma. Not that he normally didn't, he would never admit it, but he did think about Douma. 

This time, though the thoughts were different. They came more often, and were made up of more positive emotions. Rather than the senseless hateful thoughts that usually collected in his brain, these were less insulting things.

This surprised Akaza, but at the same time, it didn't. He couldn't really explain it, but somehow, he wasn't as shocked as he could've been. Something inside him knew this wasn't surprising. He didn't know why, though.

He couldn't get it out of his head the way Douma looked, the way he spoke to him, it was creepy and unusual, especially with the kind of behavior Akaza was used to from the younger demon. He wasn't sure exactly what it was, but at the time he had gotten a nagging feeling in his chest, somewhat resembling sadness.

He was unsure why and tried not to think about it too much, but his mind still flickered to the incident occasionally and wondered why he felt that. But, the question was pushed away just as fast as it came into his head every time.

He decided to go check up on Douma to see if the thing had stopped, maybe even ask him about what exactly had happened if he was in the mood to talk. He asked himself why he even bothered checking up on him. He blamed it on his curiosity, and tried to satisfy himself with that answer.

He took a deep breath, opening the door. " Hoi, Akaza-dono!!" The blonde demon said in his usual cheerful voice when he noticed him enter. " I'm glad you decided to come, sorry for that sudden burst yesterday, I must have been really out of it!" He smiled casually, and to Akaza, it seemed a little bit more real than usual. 

" Yeah," Akaza said bluntly, " I just wanted to know what happened, it seems you don't know either." Hearing this, a teasing look crossed Douma's face. " Were you by any chance worried, Akaza-dono?" His smile widened and he cocked his head, trying to look as innocent as possible.

"W-what?" Akaza flushed, trying to muster a glare. " Of course not! It's just that you're valuable to Muzan-sama and he wouldn't like if something happened to you!"  Douma's face darkened a bit.

" Valuable?" That word seem to have struck a chord with him. The way Akaza said it made him feel like he was an object or toy, or some thing you can use to do what you want. He knew Akaza didn't mean it that way, he could understand that much.

But a weird feeling was there when Akaza said that. And at that moment, to him, it seemed a lot like an emotion.

Please read the A/N before this, the second part is important. 

Sorry it's short.

504 words