Rejection, right?

Credit for the chapter!  @Axuril

Akaza was still stunned, it had been quite a long time and he seemed unable to move. Douma wasn't sure what to think, but slowly, the worst thoughts started invading his mind. 

What if Akaza doesn't like him back? How stupid was he to do this without knowing what Akaza felt? He's probably disgusted. He must hate me... Was this what rejection felt like with emotions?

He took this as an obvious sign of Akaza not returning his feelings, and decided to leave. It would be better if he saved himself the pain of hearing it from the older demon himself, he didn't trust himself to not start crying in front of him.

He turned around, and he went so fast to his room it almost looked like he teleported. He stayed sitting on his bed for the whole day, too tired, fed up, and out of energy to even cry. He felt like all his emotions had already been spent, and now his body was reverting to what it used to be earlier. An emotionless killing machine, yeah, that's all he was now... and why even bother to fake it?

He quickly asked for Nakime to teleport him out, he needed some fresh air now, to help him think, it always did. He wondered what Akaza was feeling right now, was he disgusted Douma could even think he liked him? Was he happy Douma understood and ran off, to save him the trouble of explaining? Or did he just not care?

Sometimes, Douma wished he could read minds.

Speaking of reading minds, it was at that exact moment Muzan started reading his, and it was too sudden for him to do anything about it. He thought Muzan sama would be angry, but no. He just felt an amused vibe in his head, as if his master found it funny. 

" Funny?" he wondered out loud. " I never thought he would react this way. I guess it's for the best anyway. I don't need Muzan sama being mad to add up to this already terrible day." 

He saw the sun, it was starting to rise. He was about to get up, but he heard the sound of the biwa playing, and he landed with a harsh thump on the ground in front of Nakime. " Oww!" he whined. " What was that for?"

" You can't just go sit about sulking and not pay attention! I know you're upset, though I don't know why, even if you went fast, there were still slayers around so you had to go at a slightly normal pace. You would have never made it in time!" Douma was shocked, to put it simply. That was the most words he had ever seen come out of Nakime's mouth.

He nodded dumbly, and muttered a " Sorry." He was teleported back to his room, where he landed on the floor with less force than last time, but still comparatively hard. All the emotions had left him now, and he was now as he was earlier, blank and empty.

Akaza's POV

I was shocked, really really shocked. It had been hours since he said it, yet it keeps replaying in my mind, as if it's on loop in my brain. Why did he run away? Was I taking too long? Was he scared I'll say no? Did he say it was me by accident and was trying to save himself the embarrassment? Probably not the last, I saw the smile on his face.

I didn't mean to take so long, really. I was just trying to think over exactly what to say, and I really couldn't believe it and took some time to process what I had heard from the younger demon, after all, I had been waiting exactly 98 days, 23 hours, 50 minutes, 24 seconds and 40 milliseconds to hear that, then what did I do? I went and screwed it up.

I hope he doesn't hate me...

Word count- 656 words.