Acting Different

Douma was most definitely not acting normal. He made no effort to even try to be nice to the others, he gave monotone replies, he was constantly on missions, and he never spoke to Akaza, even when absolutely necessary.

The others had noticed this, they weren't idiots. But none of them knew why, except Akaza. But he wasn't going to tell them, no way. They would probably hate him or something. And he was trying to explain and make it up to Douma, but the younger didn't make it really easy. He basically acted like Akaza didn't exist.

Douma was not happy. The little pieces of emotions that were coming together inside of him, almost completely there,  had shattered again, the emotions that were forming were once again so minuscule that they couldn't be felt or seen. Someone would have to pick up those pieces and put them back together, but who would? With Akaza gone, he didn't think any of the others actually cared. 

Anyway, what was the point of them? They're so fragile, the moment he gets them, someone will come break them down again. So, he'd be better off without emotions. And he'd never get them back, or so he thought.

He kept himself occupied with missions and spent more time at other places, and was not interested in conversation with the others, though he would talk to them sometimes, mostly in monosyllables, except Akaza, he made sure not to have any interaction with him.

Akaza approached him quite a few times, as if he wanted to say something, but Douma brushed him off, after all, that's what Akaza did to him, isn't it? 

Kokushibo noticed how Douma was behaving recently, and against his better judgement, decided to talk to him. " Douma... You've been acting... Different lately... Is something wrong?"

Douma gave him a blank look. " No, nothing's wrong." Kokushibo was obviously not convinced. " The way... You said... That... Says otherwise... It has... Something to... Do with... Akaza... Right?" Douma was a little shocked. " Yeah, if you want to know, ask Akaza." He said, but decided to add something in a tone that was brimming with something close to anger. "Or maybe he'll just ignore you, not say anything when you just told him something really important."

Kokushibo heard the unfamiliarly hostile vibe in his tone and decided not to push it any further. " I can... See you... Don't want to... Talk about it.... I'll leave...." He turned around, heading out. Once he was partly through, he was stopped. " Wait, I'll tell you what happened. Maybe not fully, but at least some part of it."

Kokushibo turned around. " I'm.. listening." Douma let out a small sigh. " Let's just say, I told him one of the most important things you could ever tell a person, and he kinda just brushed me off, he didn't even say anything. It hurt, you know?" 

He could somehow tell exactly what Douma was talking about. " You know, for upper rank one who always seems so cold and quiet, you're actually really easy to talk to, and I think I needed to let that out. Thank you."

Sorry for the late update. The teachers have been giving us so much homework lately. 

2.1K reads? How? I don't deserve this. Thank you all so much.

I'm sorry for the bad chapter, I had no writing motivation.

Word count- 564 words.