Jealousy

Akaza was not a coward, at least he didn't think he was. He was upper moon three, the fourth most powerful demon to ever exist, why would he ever have to be scared? But for some reason, Douma had done something nobody had ever done before, make him nervous.

Sure, Muzan sama could scare him, but he'd never truly felt nervous, till Douma. Douma had brought up a lot of firsts for him, this included. He'd count down the days for everything until he did something, force of habit, you know? If he had to do something, he'd count down the days for it, usually he managed to finish it in less then a week. Obviously, this was an exception.

Before, he was sure he would tell Douma how he felt, eventually. It would be quick and easy, right? Once it crossed 50 years he'd start counting the hours, then after another ten years he'd count the minutes. It didn't feel natural to him, to wait this long. He'd finish everything off quickly, but somehow, he couldn't do this.

When he first heard Douma say... that, he was thrown back a flurry of emotions- that came all at once. Happiness, with a mixture of confusion, disbelief, and a small dent in his pride. He couldn't believe he was finally hearing this, and Douma, of all people  had the courage to say it before him.

So, naturally, what do you do after waiting so long for something to happen? Akaza didn't know, probably some sappy stuff, but definitely not what he did. Now Douma was obviously ignoring him, and his general behavior had changed too, again.

First, he'd closed up, stopped making any effort to be social, stopped initiating conversations, spoke with anybody except Akaza, but only if he had to, and was constantly on missions. Now, he seemed to have changed again. Slightly more friendly, nothing close to earlier, but as if he was trying, and a little less fake.

Akaza had a small suspicion why the change happened, and he didn't like it. It made him feel a strong negative emotion, which Kaigaku told him was... what was that again? Right, he said it was something called jealousy. Whatever it was, he didn't like it.

In fact, the two higher ranked demons were in front of him right now, and he was subconsciously glaring daggers at Kokushibo as Douma conversed with him in his usual, cheery manner. It annoyed the hell out of Akaza.

He glared dangerously hard at Kokushibo, but also hoped he wouldn't notice it, that would definitely not be good for Akaza. After all, Kokushibo was nobody to underestimate. Though Muzan sama would stop him before things got too bad, hopefully...

He averted his gaze for sometime, and decided to go do something more productive, when Douma does something he hasn't done in a week. He approaches Akaza, looking like he wants to talk.

 I'm sorry, this was written in a rush- 

Word count: 491 words