Calm Down

"What's going on here?"

Akaza immediately jumped off the bed. " Oh.. um, Kaigaku?"

" What are you doing here?" He asked, trying to avoid the younger demon's question. 

Kaigaku gave him an unreadable look. But it clearly it wasn't good, Akaza could sense a hint of disgust. " That's not really important now, is it?" He gave a small cough. " You guys can just go back to whatever you were doing." He said, closing the door.

" Wait!" Douma got off the bed too. " It's really not what you think-"

" Just don't." Akaza held him back from following Kaigaku. 

" This is just great." Douma flopped back onto the bed, exasperated. 

" Hey, I'm sure it's not that bad."

" No, it's definitely bad. I'm new to all this, but anyone could understand the look on his face."

" Douma, come on. It's not that big of a deal." Akaza sighed. " Yes, it is! How long have you known Kaigaku? He doesn't keep things secret."

" Yeah, I know, so?" 

" I can tell you from experience, the others aren't the most supportive people. Kaigaku got the wrong impression," Douma got up, sitting again, " The others will too." 

" Do you know how long I've waited for this? For them to not hate me?" He asked, " And all of it gone, for this."

" You can tell them it was a misunderstanding, calm down," Akaza sat down next to him.

" Why do you think they'll believe me?! They hate me, Akaza. Always have, always will. That apology was pretty stupid, now that I look back at it," he turned around to face the older demon. " My life is going to be ruined, they won't hate you as much. I can guarantee it."

Akaza didn't say anything. And, honestly, that was the best thing he could've done at that point. Douma wasn't sure there was anything the pinkette could say right now that wouldn't just make it worse.

" You know what, I'll just go now."

" Wait, Douma-"

The younger demon turned around. " Yeah?" 

Akaza stared at him for a quick second, about to say something. But, apparently, he thought better of it. " Nothing. But, please, Douma, don't do anything stupid. We'll get through this. I'll try to convince them it was all a misunderstanding."

" Oh, okay. Good luck, I guess."

And in a split second, the door was slammed shut and he'd gone.

I hate this chapter sm.

Word count- 408 words.