Chapter 8

Trey

                     Winter: That shit’s not okay. Why you gotta lie?

       Cause I don’t feel like being bothered. I put my phone up. Had an interview today. I walk into the radio station. I had been in here earlier. This time I was going live. I sit down sleepy as hell. I been moving around all day. Had to talk about the tour coming up. Just a short one to promote my album release. They thought it would be good since I haven’t release an album since 2010.

       “You got a special lady?”

       “No.” Quick dry answer. Ain’t tryna go down that road. Women are stressful when you got a million other problems.

       “No Boo thang or anything?”

       “Nope, trying to get this album together. Don’t have time.”

       Lies. I’m chilling on and off of Chris’ tour. Going back into the studio hard after my birthday next month. Grind time then. Here comes the rumors. I always laugh at the rumors. People want to know me so bad. We take a break. I walk outside to check my phone. Winter had called me 4 times. I sigh and call her back.

       “Finally.” she snaps.

       “Don’t you feel stupid? I was in the middle of a radio interview. What do you want?”

       There was a lot of laughing and talking in the background. Where is she at? I heard Tyga. Oh she still with them. I ain’t going back until she leaves.

       “I was trying to see when you coming back.”

       “Next week.”

       “I was hoping you said today. I have to go to Ohio in the morning.”

       “What are they doing?”

       Sounds like she stepped closer to them. “Talking to Cammie’s loud ass friend. She a country ass hoodrat.”

       “Damn, she did something to you?”

       “Don’t care for Cammie.”

       Really wouldn’t care for her if you knew I fucked her last night instead of you. I start walking back into the studio.

       “I have to get back to this interview.”

       “Okay, Baby.”

       “Kill that shit.” I say hanging up.

       I got to stop by the concert and see what’s up with Cammie’s friend. She does sound loud. As of last night Cammie herself became very interesting. My phone rings.

       “Hey.”

       “Hey, Maine. How are you doing?”

       “Good. How you?”

       “Missing my Baby.”

       I laugh. “Yeah, you not practicing what you preach. Lying to me.”

       “We ready for you.”

       “You caught me. I was lying. I was having fun. I forgot to call you last night.”

       “I know you did. I started not to answer your call just now.” I hated to get off the phone with her. “Gotta get but in here to this radio show. They waving me down.”

       “Oh I forgot about that interview. Let me go before you figure out how much I’m enjoying my vacation without you. What station?”

       I look around. “I don’t know. It’s not like you can pick it up, woman.”