Chapter 15

Three weeks later

Cammie

       Kae laughs. “You know I didn’t.”

       “You never remember to bring it. I’m starting to think you like making me do all of this extra stuff.”

       “No, Bae.” she says smiling. “Maybe just a little.”

       “Whatever.”

       We were checking into a hotel. I had to put it in my name because she always puts her wallet in her bag and leave it with the luggage which was being unpacked from the car. I bump her with my hips. She gasps and stumbles fakely like I really did all of that. I had stocked up on rewards over the past few months. I could afford to fly anywhere in the world and stay at any hotel with these points. Somebody walks up between me and Karrueche.

       “What is your problem?” I snap stepping to the side.

       They had stepped to the other side of me. Who is this that wants to play? I turn around into Trey. I dull down my smile. He touches my stomach and leans across me to the lady.

       “Add this on to my bill.” he says.

       “Don’t you supposed to be in Miami?” Karrueche asks.

       “Nope. Where you get that from?”

       “Who else?” she says.

       He makes a face then puts his hand to his mouth. “Shhh… I am in Miami. What are y'all doing at my hotel?”

       “Oh this is nice. You are doing good for yourself. A hotel?” I nod.

       “Ha.” he says.

       “Business.” Kae says.

       We get our keys and walk away from the desk. I haven’t seen Trey seen we were in Miami. That was a crazy show and night altogether. So much happened but me and Trey haven’t been together… I don’t remember actually. He has been busy promoting his EP and upcoming tour. Oh yeah and his album for next year. My little no name self has been busy too. I didn’t know that the other dancers are actually choreographers and such. I have been doing some of everything. From teaching lessons to making up dances. I even did a few videos. I meet Amber who works with Chris. We are planning a video together for her single. I like this background work. Trey stops walking and laughs.

       “Karrueche and Cammie together with no Chris. What’s up with this?” he says motioning between us.

       “Tremaine randomly paying for our room. What’s up with this?” She says motioning between us.

       “I was just asking. You have never acted like buddies on the tour.”

       He killing himself. She turns her lip up. “Neither have you all, nor have we. So why you paid for our room?”

       “Helping the less fortunate.”

       “Mmm.” she says.

       “Where’s Chris?”

       We both shrug then laugh. “We lost him somewhere in LA a few days ago.”

       “Huh?”

       “Oh look an elevator. I’m going to go check it out.” Kae says.

       I laugh and turn to follow her. Trey touches my arm lightly. “I already checked out but I can check back in if you say yeah.”