Chapter 17

Present Day

Trey

       I felt like my performance was off. I couldn’t focus on it like I wanted to. Didn’t really have the energy I should have. At the same time I don’t have the time to stop and solve my problem. I can’t talk to anyone about it so it just continues to exist in the back of my head as an unprocessed thought. I couldn’t stop and think now. I was headed to Philly to do a morning radio show then an album signing and talk show. I stop. I was walking out of the building alone. Don’t wanna do that. I pause for a moment checking the time. Where is my security?

       “Yo, Trey.” I turn around. It was Ne-Yo.

       “What up?”

       “You be on the move nigga. What’s the rush this time?”

       “Radio show on the East side.”

       He nods his head. “Imma roll with you. Chris told me you had some drama.”

       “What kinda drama?”

       “He wouldn’t say on the phone. That was a few days ago though. Must be old now.”

       Buggiz and Omar walk up. I throw my hands up at them.

       “We had a situation. Somebody got backstage during the final song. We had to clear them out.”

       “We clear.” Omar says opening the door.

       “I don’t know what drama Chris talking about.”

       “Me either. He gonna be in New York.”

       We go outside and were instantly surrounded by screaming fans. I thought he said no one was out here. This gonna slow us down more. They don’t understand being punctual. Airports are a hassle even in the middle of the night. I look at Ne-Yo. Oh he talking about that drama. I’ll tell him when we get to the airport or better yet Philly. We were barely moving through the crowd. They all wanted to touch me at least once before they moved.

*****************

       “Shit I deleted the picture.” Chris says.

       “Hell me too.”

       “It maybe that girl that keeps stalking you. Who would send something like this to you out of nowhere? It doesn’t make any sense. I say forget about it.” Ne-Yo shrugs.

       I didn’t want to consider his logic. What if I let it slip my mind and it’s really a child out there that is mine? That would bother me. It would make me a deadbeat for real. I need to think hard about two years ago. I didn’t fuck that many girls. 2011. Shit. So much has happened. What girl would do it this way? Most would want something or use it for leverage to get me. This has to be some sick joke.

       “I kinda agree with you. I can’t think of any girl I fucked that wouldn’t want to hold a baby over my head. I’m Trey Songz. Who wouldn’t wanna have a baby by me?”

       “And why would they send this to you and not Media Takeout?”

       “Wait that doesn’t go with my thoughts. That takes us back to it being someone who wants to keep a low profile.”

       Chris wasn’t even in the conversation anymore. He was on his phone. Somebody knocks on the door then it opens. It was Leena. She smiles. Conversation dropped. Chris looks up from his phone. He sighs and stand up. For some odd reason he doesn’t like Leena. It doesn’t really matter but he taking it to the extreme a bit.