5. Sinners and Saints

_______________________

Sophie is in the cemetery, packing various bottles of magical ingredients into her backpack, when Alex enters the mausoleum Sophie says, "Hey. What the hell?" Alex says "You're going out there anyway, aren't you? I wanna go with you."

Sophie says, "No, thanks. Already got assaulted by Klaus this morning. Don't need a repeat." Alex says "What if whatever is responsible for all those dead witches is still out there? We've already established that it likes me and hates witches, so you'll be safer with me." 

 Sophie says, "sorry if I'm not buying your sudden concern for my safety." Alex blocks the exit, forcing Sophie to stop and listen to her Alex says "Listen. The whole reason I came to this stupid town in the first place was to learn more about my family. Your sister's the one that told me Marcel ran the werewolves out of the Quarter into the Bayou. So, I'm coming with you. " 

Rebekah walks into the mausoleum and joins the girls Rebekah says, "Could you two be more idiotic?" Alex and Sophie both look at each other and sigh in frustration Rebekah says "Two can play the follow-game, you know! You heard Klaus, he and Marcel are headed right where you're going." 

Alex says, "So distract them. Because unless you wanna lock a hormonal, pregnant werewolf in a tomb, I'm coming with you. And wouldn't Elijah be mad if he hears that the baby and I died of asphyxiation?" 

Rebekah stares at her, clearly annoyed by her stubbornness. Sophie rolls her eyes and sighs again, resigned to having Alex and Rebekah tag along.

the bayou 

Sophie, Rebekah, and Alex continue to walk around the woods of the Bayou to look for the dead witches 

Rebekah says, " So, this Harvest thingy tell me more." Sophie says "Klaus said to wait." Rebekah says "Yes. He also said to stay out of the bayou and yet here we are, amongst the crawly, buzzy creatures."  Alex says "We're here.

They have reached the place where the witches were killed. Their bodies are all bloodied and ripped apart, and a dismembered head lies near the bodies. Sophie, who looks sick, kneels down to dig around her bag for the ingredients she needs to consecrate her fellow witches.

Alex says, "Whoa." Alex sees a huge paw-print in the mud. In a nearby tree, there are three bloody scratches in the bark  Sophie says "Is that a wolf track?" They hear the sound of crunching footsteps nearby. Rebekah says, calling out to the intruder "Who's there?" The person approaching them is a male vampire Marcel's informant, Tomas Tomas says, freaking out "What the hell? An Original?" He gets scared and immediately runs away with vampire speed, leaving the girls standing and gaping in shock.
It's night now, and Alex and Sophie are returning to Sophie's truck Alex says, "Those people, all this, because of a vision about my baby you don't think is true?" Sophie says "Look, I love Sabine, but she's the witch equivalent of a drama queen. I've learned to take little stock in whatever she says or sees. Just kinda wish she'd kept her mouth shut."

Alex says, "The Harvest ritual you said you didn't believe in it. Were you right?" Sophie says "No. I saw it with my own eyes. It was working. It was real." Alex says "So, how can you be so sure Sabine's vision isn't?" Sophie doesn't have an answer to this question.
The Mikaelson Mansion

Rebekah pours several drinks as she talks to Alex 

  Rebekah says,  "I don't care if we have to get you a leash, that was your last trip to the Bayou. What is it with you and those wolves, anyway?" Alex says "I feel like we're connected somehow. I don't know. Maybe it's just some pipe dream that I have of finding any real family out there. But sometimes, when I feel like it's me against the world, it keeps me going."

Rebekah gives Alex a sympathetic look and hands her a drink. Alex side-eyes her, and Rebekah suddenly remembers that Alex is pregnant and can't drink, so she drinks Alex's glass of bourbon in one gulp before pouring her own

  Rebekah says, "Oh, right. Well, if you ask me, family is a pain in the behind." Alex rolls her eyesRebekah says "And as for being in it alone, how dare you? I don't ruin a perfectly fabulous pair of boots traipsing through the Bayou for just anyone." 
Alex smiles, and Rebekah downs her second drink. Their conversation is interrupted by Klaus walking through the front door Rebekah says relieved "Nik, finally! What-"

Elijah walks through the door after his brother with a huge smile. Rebekah runs to Elijah and hugs him tight. Elijah sees Alex over Rebekah's shoulder, and they smile at each other, though Hayley leaves the room right afterward

Rebekah says, "Elijah! You're safe! Now that you're home, is your first plan to kill Niklaus?" Elijah smiles and says "Excuse me just a moment."He walks through the living room toward the back yard Rebekah says "Where's he going?" Elijah walks out the back door, where he finds Alex standing on the patio Alex says "You're back."Elijah grins and says, "I'm back." the two look at each other for a moment, and then Alex slaps him in the face  Alex says "Don't make promises you can't keep." She turns to leav"Welcome home." Elijah touches his face where she slapped him, and smiles to himself as Alex heads inside

Later, the Mikaelson siblings and Alex sit in the study, where Elijah stands behind the desk and explains everything that he has learned from Davina that day Elijah says "Everything that brought us here to New Orleans was a lie. This story that Sophie Deveraux fabricated, this struggle for control of the French Quarter, this war between vampires and witches, wasn't over territory at all, this was over Davina." 

Elijah says, "Eight months ago, Sophie Deveraux and her sister Jane-Anne lost everything. Now, four months after that, a young pregnant girl wanders into their restaurant. Suddenly, all hope is renewed. Jane-Anne actually sacrificed her life so that her sister can use you to find Davina. If Sophie Deveraux is successful in capturing Davina, she can return Jane-Anne's daughter back to life. We thought we'd come here to wage a war for power. This is about family. In order to return her niece to life, Sophie Deveraux will fight to the death. That makes her more dangerous than anyone. "

_________________

Hope you enjoyed it. You'll have to wait till Friday for another chapter!