8. Rebirth

_______________________

[6 months later]

Elijah is in the middle of packing up Qetsiyah and Ansel's nursery when Alex finally returns home.

She joins Elijah in the nursery and stops dead in her tracks

Alex says, "What do you think you're doing, Elijah?"

Elijah says, "Welcome back. What is it, the third night this week?"

Alex says, "I don't need a caretaker. Hybrids are invincible. What are you doing, Elijah?"

Elijah says, "As we have discussed, our illusion needs to be flawless. Now, months have passed. It's the appropriate time.

Alex says, "What's next on the "appropriate" list? Klaus and I hold our heads up high and say we're ready to try again."

Elijah says, "I understand this is difficult for you--"

Alex says, "What's difficult is knowing that Francesca Guerrera is still breathing after she was the one who plotted with the witches to kill my babies."

Elijah says, "You will have your vengeance, I promise you this.

Alex says, "Well, until then, this is my room, and I'll tell you when it's appropriate to clean it out."

Alex, upset, moves out of the way so Elijah can leave the room

Elijah, Alex, and Klaus continue to plan their attack against the Guerreras that night in the dining room while everyone else listens

Elijah says "We're taking the twelve original rings. Now, four of them sit in the hands of the Guerrera brothers. One on Oliver, one on Francesca, three with the home security detail, and the rest scattered amongst her lackeys. Each ring is distinguishable by its setting-- gauche, like those wearing them."

Klaus says, "If they believe they can get their hands on the stake, they will come for me when I am weak. Each ring you retrieve will strengthen me, but I will still be disadvantaged."

Elijah says "Ergo, any hope of our success depends entirely upon our working together." He looks at Alex "The two of you can no longer afford to retreat to separate corners."

Alex looks over at Klaus, who sighs and stands up to look at her

Klaus says, "This is our fight. Are you ready for battle, Love?"

Alex says, "Just promise me that Francesca doesn't come out of this alive."

Klaus says, "Her head will be delivered to you on a silver platter, love"

Elijah says "I'll deal with the last piece of the puzzle."

Klaus, still kneeling on the floor, gasps in relief as he begins to gain some of his strength back from the lackey losing his ring. He smiles and rolls his neck.