Chapter 26

Chapter is dedicated to cookies_and_cream170 :)

Thank you for all the support xx

Amiyas POV

I don't know what made me do it but I walked towards the familiar face until we were face to face. He was the last person I expected to see here.

"Amiya," I heard an out of breath voice call out.

I don't know whether it was the look on my face that fave it away or what but Nathan caught on pretty quickly.

"Get in," he said before entering the other side of the car I assume he had rented. Without looking back I jumped into the car and he sped off. I know that I was being dramatic but I was never one to deal with situations in a civilized way. Just look how I had ended things with Nathan. The last thing I told him was I was going to the bathroom. What was he doing here? Did he come back for me? I shook my head trying to get the thought out. No. He didn't care about me. That's how we got into this mess anyway.

"I know you have questions about why I am here. I'm not stalking you, just so were clear," he chuckled looking into the rear view as he tried to make a late turn.

"I wasn't..." I wanted to say I wasn't thinking that but I am a terrible liar.

"It's okay," he said placing his free hand above mine. I tensed a bit at the now foreign gesture and he must have realized because he placed it back onto the steering wheel. I felt bad a really did but I couldn't bring myself to feel hundred percent comfortable with him.

The rest of the ride was silent. It was actually really awkward but I was distracted by what I was going to tell Jordan. Maybe I should have stayed with him. Talked it out. That's what any mature person would have done. Only mature people should have children. This is just another reason why I am not ready. Why I can't do this. I can't even think about this. Tears threatened to fall and I faced the window to make sure Nathan doesn't see me which clearly didn't work because as soon as I did this he turned into a nearby Starbucks.

We walked in and ordered. After he paid we walked to a table in the corner of the crowded cafe.

"Talk to me," he said.

"It's okay. I'm fine." I replied not wanting to say anymore.

"That wasn't a question. Talk to me," he repeated.

"I don't have anything to say." I took a sip of my drink an looked down at my phone. I had so many missed calls from Jordan and even though I really wanted to avoid him I knew I couldn't do it forever. I sent him a quick message.

At Starbucks on bluesman street. I know I shouldn't have left so hastily but I just need a nit of time. Please don't come.

"Your mind doesn't have anything to say but your heart ready to pour. Just because you left me that day doesn't mean I stopped caring for you. It taught me that you weren't talking to me enough. That I let you bottle up your emotions till your emotions drove you away from me. You were about to break down in the car. You may hate me but I want you to know I am sorry for not taking the time to know what was really going on. I am sorry for not paying attention you. Sorry I wasn't good enough." He looked so sincere. He was saying all the right things but I couldn't let him think he wasn't good enough.