Chapter 31

Please go check out my other story!!!!

******

"Excuse me everybody I have an announcement to make and it is dedicated to our beautiful Amiya." She was looking at me straight in the eye and that's when I knew this whole thing was about to go down. Wasn't her embarrassing me in front of Jordan's friends enough for her or was that just her planting the seed of her tree. To say that I wasn't terrified of what she was going to say would be the biggest lie I had ever told myself.

We are in front of all of Jordan's friends, has dad business partners and most importantly we were in front of his dad. The one person I wanted to impress tonight. The whole night I was here worrying about her trying too hard to flirt with Jordan whilst trying to balance out my nerves to meet his dad at the same time. Turns out I had my eyes on the wrong thing. I knew anything she had to say was going to destroy me. I might as well dig my grave now because whatever it was meant never seeing anybody here again.

Not everybody knew my name yet as Jordan had only introduced me to a couple of them but it wasn't hard to figure out who I am as Maddy's eyes were fixed on mine. Has the lion ever left the sheep to graze peacefully without preying on them for a day? I guess not.

I was so tempted to run. Thats what all my instincts were telling me but I knew better. If I ran she would keep chasing me. I mean I would rather have her say whatever she needed to say anywhere but here but what if she continued. That only meant that I wouldn't hear what she had to say.

I took it like a lady and held my head high. I raised my glass signaling for her to go on; and secretly prayed she wouldn't. I knew better than to have false hope. What scared me the most is that I have no idea what she was planning. At least the last time she planned to ruin me I had a rough idea in what she was going to say. I haven't talked to her about anything ever since that incident but here she is with that threatening grin on her face.

A man walked up to her to telling her to speed whatever it was she was doing up because they needed to start.

"Hold on just give me a second. Well Amiya. I don't know where to start with this speech. I mean I know we don't really get along or anything but the truth is your a really pretty girl. Calm, collected, ladylike. The list goes on and on..." What on earth was happening? She did not just compliment me. Maybe she realized that there was know way out. Maybe all she wanted to do was end the tension between us. I mean she could have done this to the side. Waited till this was over and talked to me without all these people here. Jordan squeezed my hand and kissed my cheek appropriately as people were still looking at us. There was a hint of jealousy visible but it lasted less than a second then her smiled widened at his intimate gesture.

"I want us all to raise our glasses to Amiya. For using all these amazing qualities to seduce rich young bachelors," What? I knew what she said was true good to be true. How could I be so naive and let myself believe that she was finally ending this feud between us? There were a few gasps and a few more eyes landed on me but nobody making eye contact. The MC didn't stop her. He was as shocked as the rest of us.

She continued,"Isn't it weird how you come from such a poor mother but still date the richest guys? Coincidence? I think not. Anyway I felt that I needed to get that off my chest before I conned to what really mattered. Ladies and gentlemen, you see Jordan and I have history together. It could have been me and him at this event together instead of this tramp,"

"Maddy that's enough," Jordan shouted from beside me. He looked pissed. Even though I was paralyzed by her words my heart did a mini flip. He was defending me. In front of everyone,

"Oh hold on lover boy. It's your dad that sent me here in the first place." Everything fell silent. What was she on about? "Well he didn't send me here to trash you and your little gold digger. Back to my investigation story. Oh you guys arrived early." I followed her stare and surely enough two police officers were walking in and marched straight to where Nathan's dad was sitting.

"You are under arrest for forgery. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to have an attorney present during questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you." Everything was happening so quickly. Maddy stood on stage waiting for him to be in cuffs before she started to talk again.

"I know you have so many questions so let me keep it simple since the police cut my play short. So basically Amiya, your ex money bank, Nathan's, father was forging the numbers on his statements. Things got really messy between him and Jordan's father so he told Nathan to date Jordan's lovely cousin, who sadly couldn't make it today. Imagine what sort of show that would have been. You messed that up though. You just couldn't see past the bigger picture. So Jordan's dad only wanted to get Nathan's dad back. Ruin his career. His reputation. Jordan your dad didn't trust him so I was investigating around for him. Little did he know that there was a bigger plot twist. You see Nathan's father over here needed a way out. You value your family more than anything and as he looked for family members his man-whore of a son could date he stumbled upon an easy solution. Jordan, your dad had a daughter. All those years ago. Which he dumped as he didn't want to take on the responsibilities of being a teen father. When Nathan's dad found this out he told Nathan to pretend to want her. So Nathan flew over a thousand miles to pretend to want her back. She felt special for a moment but little did she know he was screwing with her. He didn't care about anything but his fathers company. A few years ago Jordan your father publicly humiliated my family and he still thought he could trust me. So I took up his job offer just to get revenge on him. Humiliation is a bitch isn't it? So to answer your questions to my confusing story Nathan's dad is a criminal and yes Amiya you and Jordan are brother and sister and yes Nathan knew about it but rather than being a man and telling you he toyed with your feelings. It's a fucked up world isn't it. Well there goes that speech slash story. Oh yeah one more thing, Jordan maybe we could get away from our screwed up families and so called friends. Let's move on. Just us two..."

*****

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND SHARE:)

ALSO DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORY.

Sorry if there are a lot of typos it's like 4:30 am here. Also if it seems rushed sorry again I really wanna finish this book. There like a few chapters left. Thank you for all the support!!!!