Chapter 18

Hay you guys!! So I am changing the name of the book to "Closer than you think".

I also know I had said that I would update last week but I have so much homework and I am really doing my best. Sorry the chapters are not that long:/

anyway..... Vote and comment:)

Amiyas POV

My thought's were out of control. Nothing made sense to me. Ruffling through my purse I found my phone and called one of the only people that could give me intelligent advise. My mum. As I dialed her number I could hear loud footsteps stomping on the marble floor downstairs. The last person I needed to see right now was Jordan. Before I hit the call button and slipped into the bathroom turning the shower on just to make sure my conversation doesn't leave the bathroom. However the water did calm me down a little bit. That little bit wasn't a big difference because my emotions were raging inside of me.

"Hello? Amiya? Is everything okay?" Her voice was a mixture of sleepy and alarmed. I had completely forgotten that she has work tomorrow morning and she was always an early bird.

"Hello, mum. I'm so sorry to call you at this time...I know... mum...," my voice wobbly and I can't trust myself not to cry. I want her to help me but don't want to explain the situation.

"What is it sweetie. Common talk to me. Did he do something to you?"

"My thoughts are out of control and the silence around me buried me deeper than I already was. I never realized how crazy I was until I started to care for him. I need to... I mean... How can I think straight when this guy...this guy that I haven't known for long affects me in this way. A few weeks ago my life was fine mum. I should have come back home with Nathan. Come back then get ready for school. Instead I was sidetracked by this stupid little thing. You always worked so hard and all you wanted me to be was focused. I was actually considering staying here for another year. Imagine if I had gone through with it? I..."

"Honey, calm down," she stopped me in a calm tone. I kept running my hand through my hair. I just hate disappointing her. "You are a strong young woman. I trust you to be making the right choice. You need to just do some meditation and pray. If I didn't trust you I would not have let you stay in Paris with someone I have never spoken to. If you feel as if you want to stay then do that. Do what your heart tells you to do and more importantly, breathe. You always worry yourself too much. I am not the best example but when I was eighteen I was wild because my parents trapped me. I don't want that to happen to you baby."

"What if my decision leads me into trouble?"

"Mine did and I got you. My bad choice led into the best thing in my life." This made me smile. For a brief moment I forgot everything until I heard a pounding on the door.

"Amiya. Come on. I know your not taking a shower. Please let me see you," Jordan pleads from the other side of the door.

"Mum I have to go okay? I love you so much. I will call soon," I muttered quickly and hung up.

"Amiya I swear I..." I turned the shower off, unlocked the door and walked straight pass him and into the bedroom I am staying in. I could hear his now soft footsteps following behind me, only stopping when I slump down onto the bed.

At first he was hesitant but he eventually sat down next to me after realizing I was not going to tell him to do so. He tried to put his hand on mine but I rejected it immediately pulling it away. To be honest I wanted him to hold me and tell me everything was going to be okay but I don't trust myself. I know I would give into anything he wants.

"Amiya, I swear to you I didn't know that Maddy's question applied to you. I bet she didn't either when she asked. She isn't like that..." I king of blanked out at that point. He was making excuses for her. Just by the look on her face he should have known.

"Jordan stop! I don't want to hear it. Why the hell are you making excuses for her? She definitely knew when she was asking because I had just finished having that conversation with her. Obviously though you guys have some really good connection and she is crazy about you because just the way she looks at you says a thousand words. Like I don't even know why you want me here. Much more I don't know why I am staying because you have her. From her having a key to your house to having clothes here and even worse still wearing your shirts. I honestly do not even know why I am even bothering with this whole lecture. What is your relationship with her huh?" He's expression changes from sad to confused to just stoned faced. It was if I had said something that just covered up all his emotions.

" What you are saying does make sense but I don't need to answer that. You are acting like we are in a relationship. Well let me remind you incase you have forgotten. We. Are. Not."

********

Vote and comment for faster updates:)

Love you guys<3