Retrograde | Chapter 11 | Part 2

Author's note:

Loves, 

A little New Year's "cheer" 🤔 for you.  What a year it's been!  Thank you for all your love and support of Retrograde.  It means the world to me.  
I love that you love #Retrograde #Edser as much as I do.

🚨🔞 Warning:  Smutty Smuts and choice language contained within.  Please read at your own discretion. 🔞🚨

Many kisses and best wishes for a wonderful 2023!
Ames 

Juliana, Nare, and Nadin, this one is for you.  😘

⭐️⭐️⭐️

Previously on Retrograde:

"We would like you to be Evie's godparents," Pyril requests with an angelic lilt.

Whatever hold of his emotions Serkan had is lost, and he presses his fingers into his eyes as he breaks down. Eda laughs through her tears, rubbing his back. He can only manage a stilted nod, leaning forward to kiss Pyril on the forehead before bending to kiss his new goddaughter.

"We'd be honoured."

⭐️⭐️⭐️

7:11am

Eda slowly stirs, feeling the weight of a deliciously chiselled body draped over her. She smiles softly, loving that this is still how they wake every morning - Eda clamped down on her back and Serkan's heavy head snuggled to her soft chest.

His large hands wrap under her shoulders, clutching her tightly with his leg possessively jammed between her thighs, physically screaming, "MINE!". His slow and deep breathing signals that he's still dead to the world.

Glancing at the clock glumly and knowing they can't languish in bed this morning, Eda lightly kisses the top of his strawberry blonde curls to wake him gently. After an uninterrupted three weeks together since Serkan returned from his training, he's due back at the base in less than an hour.

She starts at his nape, sliding her fingers into his hair to massage his scalp, flooded with contentment as she listens to him breathe.

This is her favourite time of day, when her hulk of a man isn't the largest presence in the room, caring for her or barking orders to his squadron. In these quiet, private moments, Eda is his protector for a change, and she gets to witness Serkan Bolat's heart submitting completely to hers.

It also never matters how they fall asleep - spooning wearily after a long day of university or training; or having loved each other to exhaustion, Serkan always finds his way back to cover her heart.

Serkan is exposed to scenes and situations throughout his training and missions, not for the faint of heart. Though he rarely speaks of it, Eda knows the human trafficking cases seem to wound him the worst. A man who deeply honours all the women in his life - to see such vulnerability exploited in the most despicable ways hurts him.

But it is here, in the safety of their bedroom, that he heals. It's as though the light in her repairs the darkness within and keeps him whole.

Eda stretches lazily, her diamond engagement ring catching the rays of sunlight peeking through the curtains.

A promise of forever. The only absolute. Utterly unshakable.

She smiles nostalgically, picturing that little boy hanging upside down in that big ole willow tree all those years ago. The boy who's grown into a beautiful but heavy man who, ouch, has shifted his weight and is now crushing her full bladder!