5

March 26, 2008

Hailey woke up around 8 when the weight of the toddler was lifted off her. "Hey, she was comfy,"

"It's 8, and you know that couch is definitely not comfortable enough to sleep on," Jay chuckled, pulling her up slowly.

"She still warm?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "I can feel it,"

"Can she just sleep with us?" Hailey asked, feeling Kam's forehead for herself, "I don't want her too far,"

"Yeah, I was planning on that," He chuckled, both of them heading up the steps. "Can you take her so I can shower?"

"Yeah, we'll probably be asleep when you get back," She smiled, carefully taking the sleepy toddler and heading toward the child's room. Hailey quickly changed the little one into a clean diaper and just a onesie so she could stay cool.

As soon as she had Kamryn in a new outfit and got her favorite blanket, she went to her and Jay's room and laid down. Kamryn was set in the middle with a smaller pillow and covered in her blankie as well as the comforter before she snuggled into Hailey.

Jay came back out to only Hailey awake while Kam was still curled up into her mother. "Thought you'd be asleep,"

"So did I. Guess that nap was too long," Hailey smiled, keeping Kamryn snuggled in her arms, "And she's all cute and snuggly,"

"I hate that she's sick, but she is pretty cute," Jay agreed, getting into the bed on his side.

——————

Kamryn slept through the night, coughing in her sleep a few times and switching between snuggling into Hailey and Jay. Neither of them minded, as long as she was comfortable and sleeping.

Hailey knew waking up with a scratchy throat and a small cough was inevitable as the toddler had already been attached to her for hours before Jay got home.  She quietly got up and went downstairs, grabbing some of the orange juice from the fridge and hoping that would be enough to keep whatever Kamryn had out of her system.

Jay soon appeared with a whiny 2-year-old that was definitely not feeling any better. Kamryn was clinging to him for dear life, even though Jay had a firm but comforting hold on her.

"Still not better?"

"No, she's not. Coughed so hard she puked on her floor," He sighed, handing her over to Hailey.

"Kammy," She sighed, feeling her forehead before grabbing the thermometer from the junk drawer. "I know you don't feel good,"

"Do you want me to stay home with her?" Jay offered, helping Hailey hold Kamryn's arm down so she could get an accurate temperature.

"I can, I'll call my boss in a minute," she sighed, pulling the thermometer as it beeped, "101 even. Maybe we should take a warm bath. What do you think baby?"

"Alright, call me if you need me. I'll keep my phone on," Jay said as he kissed her head before Kamryn's and headed out the door.

"Be safe,"

"I will," He nodded, heading to his district.