March 26, 2008

"Hey Kammy," Natalie said as she walked into the small room.

"Say, hi baby," Hailey encouraged her but go no movement from the child, "she's definitely feeling pretty darn awful,"

"I heard. Fever, cough?"

"Yeah, vomited one time but we think from coughing," Hailey explained while Natalie started to look over her chart.

"Can I look in your mouth, Kam?" Natalie asked while Hailey turned Kam around in her lap.

"You're okay honey,"

"Mama," KAm whined, trying to turn back around and hide.

"It's okay baby, it's just your doctor. She wants to look in your mouth," Hailey tried, hoping to soothe her child.

"It's okay. I do want to look in her ears but she can face you for that, that'll be easier actually," Natalie told her, letting her turn Kam around again. Natalie looked in her ears and saw what was going on pretty quickly.

"Looks like an ear infection in both ears," she nodded.

"So medication?"

"Yep. Amoxicillin in the morning and before bed," Natalie told her, "I'll call it in,"

"Sounds good, thank you," Hailey nodded, getting up and holding Kam.

They checked out and headed back out to the cars, Hailey putting Kamryn in her car seat.

"Mama," Kamryn whined, reaching for Hailey as she was trying to buckle her in.

"Kammy, mommy has to go back to work for a little bit. You're gonna go home with daddy. I love you," She sighed, kissing her cheek and hating to leave her crying.

"She'll calm down," Jay nodded, carefully shutting the door.

"I know. I just hate hearing her cry. I know she'll be okay,"

"A few more hours and you can snuggle her all night,"

"Sounds perfect. I'll see you at home," She nodded, unlocking her car.

"Yep. Be safe,"

"I will," She nodded, heading the opposite way from Jay.

"Munchkin, I know you want mommy but we're gonna be okay. You wanna watch Pooh Bear?" He asked, stopping the cries quickly, "Okay, we'll watch Pooh Bear when we get home,"

Kamryn luckily fell asleep after she'd stopped crying, making for a quieter ride home. As soon as they did get home, Jay carefully got the toddler unbuckled and into the house, laying her in the playpen they kept in the living room.

Jay cleaned up as much as he could around the house as well as some of Kamryn's toys while she slept. Kamryn actually slept for longer than he thought as she was still sleeping when Hailey got home for the day.

"How'd she do?"

"Fine. Fell asleep in the car and she's been out since,"