DELILAH'S PLACE

~TIME SKIP~

~1 month later, 2 days before the ball ~

*Knock knock* I stood outside Delilah's house in a gray hoodie and baggy dark jeans. We've been usually doing this, I'd come to her house to talk and catch up, but now I think it's time to ask her about the case now.

To be honest the only reason I'm putting up with this so called "getting information" was just because I liked talking to her really, she's a good friend... yeah friend.

"Hey." said Delilah, she seems drained. She was wearing a baggy clothing, bags under her eyes and her hair a mess. A cup of coffee in her hand as the warm steam filled the air.

"Oh you look terrible are you ok?" I looked down at her. A concerned and worried look on my face instead of a smile and bright eyes.

She soon turned to let me in, I walked in and soon turned to her. She closed the door behind me and yawned.

"Ugh I'v been up ALL night trying to get anything on the VV's, WHY CAN'T THEY JUST COME OUT." she complained before taking a sip of coffee, setting it down and groaning before flopping on the couch.

💭- I don't want her to find us, I want her to join us, shes perfect.. I mean she would make a great member 

I soon walked over to her slowly, my hands in my pockets, seeming a little "confused".

"Why do you even waste there time on them..." I muttered, walking closer to her. I was about to try and change her mindset.

"What do you mean" she asked, confused but intrigued as she peeked over at me. She was still laying down on the couch with her back slightly arched.

"I mean, why waste your time looking for them when you could do better things.... Like sleep." I said with a slight shrug and glanced her up and down. She soon sat up and breathed in deeply.

"Because these dumb cops are so fucking STUPID-" she yelled before she inhaled deeply and looked down, She was stressed, I could tell.

"Sorry, I'm just so annoyed..." Delilah said trying to calm down, sighing and taking a sip of her coffee.

"it's fine..." I muttered standing in front of her and looking away. I tried acting nonchalant to hide any feelings I had for her.

She then suddenly grabbed both my hands and held them in front of her. I quickly looked over at her as my eyes widened.

"Kamila, you're a good friend" she said with a tired expression on her face but still managed to give me a slight smile. I couldn't help but smile.

"It's whatever, don't mention it." I spoke with a mumble feeling flustered but also, I felt bad. I'm basically using her and she thinks of me as her friend, I gotta tell her... leading her on like this is wrong. Before I could even speak she decided to say something to clear the seconds of silence.

"I need me a drink." she sighed and soon got up walking past me as we hands slowly drifted out of mines, letting my hands go.

I felt a pang of disappointment once she pulled away since I wanted to break that tension we had with a kiss.