RUNNING OUT OF TIME

(DELILAH POV)

9:40

After Kamila left around 7:54 and I was left in bed intoxicated by my thoughts. I sighed and rubbed my hands though my hair with an exhausted expression on my face. I shot a quick glance at the clock and knew I had to meet up at base in a few hours to discuss some important meeting in which the information was 'classified'

I sighed and rolled out of bed onto the floor with an exhausted groan. My hair was a mess and my legs were wet from earlier which honestly made me slightly regretful about sleeping with her but that was a story for another time. 

(AT WORK)

"Hey Delilah what's up?" Said Zara pushing me slightly on the shoulder with a small smile.

"Hey." I replied and smiled back at her.

"Anything on the... you know.." She said whispering? I was confused on why she was whispering and looked over at her with a small dry chuckle.

"Yo don't have to whisper you know.. we're at base.." I muttered back looking at her with a concerned yet awkward look.

"Yeah r-right.. uh clock in and meet at the table, we got stuff to discuss says Alex." She muttered quietly with a small embarrassed blush before speeding off to god knows where.. She was our newest member and not gonna lie she was odd, maybe bipolar.

I clocked in to work and went to the table where Alex and Zara were sitting waiting for me.

"So what's up? What's the new information?" I questioned sipping my coffee and pulling out a chair.

"The VV's were at the ball." Alex said calmly though his eye twitched slightly which worried me slightly.

"I see.." Nodded Zara and looked down at the cookie right in front of her. I glanced at her when she spoke but my attention immediately focusing back on Axel.

"What makes you think that?" I asked him calmly trying to pretend to be slightly shocked and he shot a quick glared at me.

"I don't think I know." He went on "Sensors detected something in the vents, turns out it was one of the girls from the gang."

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow while drinking my coffee, I'd be lying if I said I was new to this.

💭- Kamila brought her whole gang?! Son of a bitch-

"Well how come we didn't catch them? Thought security was tight." I questioned Alex and his planning skills, leaning down slightly against the table with a small glare in my eyes.

"Because, forces were low, plus they were too sneaky.." He stated and crossed his arms. He leaned back in his chair with a small annoyed sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Why were they even there?" Asked Zara like the reason wasn't obvious enough. We both looked over at her with a small faint frown.

"They wanted the crown, and they got it.." He admitted looking over at Zara now with disdainful expression. The crown was an ancient artifact passed down ever since 1845, it was obvious gang leaders wanted it.

"Oh I see.." She nodded and looked down, I could tell she was processing this information seeing what she could have did to prevent such an event.

"Though we managed to capture a member of the Berrystone gang, he is currently in custody though won't speak yet so that's a win I guess.."

"But that's besides the point." Muttered Axel and glared over at me. I glared back into his eyes not intimidating by him at all.