RAIN CLOUDS

We had been driving for a while now in the rainy weather, raindrops pounding on the outside of the car as we sped through the city. I glanced back at Lola and Naomi in the mirror, Naomi was holding Lola close while looking out the window. I could tell she was anxious, even Lola aswell because after all she was still a kid.

Hours had passed.. maybe 2-3 and we were out of the city, driving on a blank road that ended off on a grassy field by the ocean. I parked the car then looked down at my feet. The air felt to heavy as my body filled with guilt yet I couldn't help and blame myself. It was all my fault that this was happening was it? because i was selfish and couldn't walk away from her.. My love.. My enemy..  I couldn't take it anymore. I got out the car immediately and closed the door behind me. I ran my hands up the sides of my head, gripping tightly on my hair while panting heavily, gasping for air or was I grasping for some sort concept to back me up on how this wasn't my fault?

My eyes were wide and my vision was getting blurry as I focused more and more on my thoughts, they were starting to consume me until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I snapped out of it and looked back only to see Lola looking up at me. We locked eyes but then she looked away quickly as if she was shy or scared I would hit her.

"Are you ok?" She muttered quietly, I could see her lips trembling. It took me a minute to reply as I just gazed at her for an unknown reason. Was I angry or thankful she snapped me out of my thoughts? I was so confused of my own feelings which made me feel weak in a way.

"I'm fine yeah.. just a little stressed." I replied back, looking away nervously and scratching the back of my neck as a big gust of wind howled and I caused me to stumble a little. I was amazed that something you couldn't even see could make such a big impact but then again I wasn't really stable on my feet at the moment.

".. I can tell.." Spoke Lola with another mutter as the wind pushed her hair out of her face and filled the air with a cold breeze. "Why did you take us here?" She spoke up a little after the long silence.

"To get us out the city.. They won't find us here." I murmured as I gazed into the sky now, it was cloudy and grey as if it would rain any second, it was relaxing in a way.

She was quiet before speaking again.

"I guess that's smart, but when can we go back?" Asked Lola quietly, not wanting to come off  as rude or rejecting of my decisions. I could tell and I decided I wouldn't go off on her.

"... I don't know.." I muttered quietly then looked down at the soft grass flowing down at my feet with the rhythm of the wind brushing my hair back. I took a deep breath in, soaking up the salty sea air.

Lola just stared at me for a little, a neutral gaze but then she walked away after a while, leaving me there... To drown in my own thoughts.

As I was gazing off into the fogged scenery I was snapped out of it again by Naomi walking next to me, her presence could be as silent or as strong as she wanted it to be. She crossed her arms and stared back into the unknown as well.

"What happened?" She simply asked in a neutral tone.  I was confused and looked over at her, soaking up her presence.

"What do you mean?" I asked back in a more confused tone, my gaze strongly on her. What was she even asking?

"Between you and Delilah." She said again in a more neutral tone. There wasn't a hint of emotion behind her eyes, just blank.

I was quiet for a second before speaking.