Chapter 8 - Hanging Out

A/n: Merry Christmas my dear readers!!! I hope ur having a great time with ur family and friends, and for what ever reason they couldn't be there, I'm happy to accompany you virtually (I don't celebrate Christmas and my family is being lil rats so i would like some virtual company too haha) either way, it might not b Christmas for u yet, or it maybe has already passed for you (or maybe ur reading dis in the future where it's far from Christmas) but I wish u a merry Christmas anyways. Either way, ENJOYYYYY!!!!! (ps: today's chapter is more of a filler chapter, it is kinda important for the future, but u dont have to read it hehe.)

TW: Slight mentions of death

Katianne's POV

We've been staying in the middle of the woods for a few days now. Nothing dramatic has happened, no one has found us yet. We've mostly all tried wearing the locket to keep it safe, and when I did I just felt this overwhelming amount of anger- because whenever I'm left alone with my thoughts, everything that filled my brain was just unimaginably dark.

I would have my fists in my hair, my eyes tightly screwed shut, my eyebrows furrowed as I'm curled into a ball- I would bite onto my lip so hard it started bleeding, my head would be harshly banging onto the tree I sat against, stomping my feet onto the leaf-covered dirt, trying to get my head to shut up. But it just wouldn't stop, my dark thoughts and feelings would just simply take over me while I feel that no one- no light- would ever be able to save me from the shadows.

And I still remember when El had to wear it- he wouldn't stop crying. He would always mention his dad, and how he is so scared that he will never see him again; he said that after losing his mom, then followed by his brother, he can't lose the person who raised him to be a man.

El has never cried so hard before, from what I know. It's as if the locket unleashed all of his deepest, darkest fears and just put on replay in his brain, flashing and flashing, repeating itself over and over.

It was torture; but it's over, for now.

To get our minds off of the whole situation, El thought that we should change hair colors so that people wouldn't completely recognise us even if we were found. Found this spell 'Crinus Muto' that apparently changes the color and style of your hair.

I sat against one of the trees while Elliot stood next to me. "You look great blonde." El complimented me. "Why thank you, kind sir. And same for you, but brunette." I jokingly replied, laughing a bit at the end of the sentence while he bowed teasingly.

Ron then walked by, a frown masked on his face. "What are you two doing?" He asked, coming to sit next to me. "Oh, we're just changing each other's hair, supposedly because it's somehow going to disguise us, but I'm pretty sure we're only doing it out of boredom." I explained, chuckling ever so slightly.

"Want us to change your hair?" El excitedly suggested, popping out of nowhere. "C'mon now, no one wants to change red hair." I then stated, rolling my eyes at the now brunette boy who just sat next to me so I'm in the middle of the two. "Well, if you two don't mind, can I just stay and- I don't know- hang out; and no changing hair, I like being a redhead." The Weasley boy requested, while we both agreed.

After a while of talking, silence fell upon us. Ron was the one who broke the quietude by saying, "I- I want to tell you two something, but can you promise not to tell Harry and Hermione?" El and I nodded hesitantly while the redhead took a deep breath before saying, "I think I fancy Hermione."

I glanced over to El, who also looked over to me, before turning our heads back to Ron. "We know." The both of us said in unison.

"Wha- how?" He stuttered, confusion painted on his face.

"Well, you did make it quite obvious." El started saying.

"I mean the way you look at her while she's talking." I continued on.

"The way you compliment her all of the time." El then said.

"And your mutters of her while you sleep." I finished.

"I don't talk about her while I sleep." Ron denied.

"Yes you do." Both El and I then responded.

"Either way, you're still an idiot." I spoke. "Hermione really liked you last year, but you still went out with that Lavender girl. Completely torn her. She tried so hard around you, yet you ignored it like it was nothing."

"Katianne, it's not nice to call people an idiot." The brunette boy scolded.

"She tried hard around me?" Ron cluelessly questioned.

"Nevermind, I take it back." El muttered under his breath.

"Well- I can't say anything now! Her and Harry have been getting real chummy, it's almost like I'm not here anymore." Ron complained.

"Eh, well at least I'm not the only one getting ignored because of Harry." I declared, getting playfully hit in the arm by El.

"Look, I'm sure that's nothing. They've known each other a long time." El tried comforting him.

"And before you say anything about knowing Hermione just as long, Harry did tell me of your burning hatred for her at the beginning of the first year." I stated.

"Okay then, but it still hurts seeing her with someone else as if I don't exist." Ron uttered out, looking down at the ground.

"I completely understand how you feel- but sometimes, it's best to wait it out. And while that is happening, try and understand your feelings more. Don't make any rash decisions- don't do anything you'll regret." The brunette Hufflepuff said.

"Hey, I gave you the same speech." I joked, Elliot rolling his eyes at me.

"Anyways, enough about me, I feel like I haven't really ever talked to you two- like really talked, it would be nice to get to know the both of you." The redhead Gryffindor offered.

"Uhm, well- agh, I guess I can tell you, I mean what is there to lose anyway- I dated Dean Thomas from fourth year to the end of fifth." El expounded.

"I- but he dated my sister." Ron spoke, shocked.

"Yeah, he plays both ways." El squeaked out.

"So... you're gay?" The redhead asked, clarifying, El replying with a nod.

"Hey, look at me, I've come out to three people! Well.. four if you include Cedric." The brunette boy looked down again, me soothingly rubbing his shoulder.

"What about you? I've been best mates with your brother for the longest time yet somehow still know nothing about you." Ron said, turning his head to look at me.

"Uhhh... I don't think I should say." I answered, thinking about whether or not I should come clean about Malfoy and I.

"C'mon now, I mean like he said- what is there to lose?" Ron quizzed.

"I- okay fine. Uhm well... I might've been friends with Malfoy since fourth year... and we might've kissed twice." I finally stated, Ron's eyes widening from surprise.

"Wait- you dated Malfoy?" He asked, disgust in his tone.

"Technically- no. We didn't date, there were just two heat-of-the-moment kisses." I then expounded.

"Wait- did you know he was a- uhm- that?" Ron stammered out, referring to how he's a death eater.

"...Towards the end.. yes." I slowly spluttered out.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Ron asked in a high pitched voice.

"Well- he didn't want to be a death eater, he was forced into it. He only did what he did because You-know-who would've killed him and his family if he didn't. Plus, y'know Draco didn't actually kill Dumbledore like he was supposed to- Snape did." I expounded.

Silence fell upon us again. "Look, it's getting late. More talking tomorrow?" I offered, standing up from where I sat. "Sure." Ron replied. "Mhm." El hummed in agreement before we all went back to the tent.

1248 words