𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴 |

• tysm for 10k reads!!! we're getting closer and closer to the end.

Secrets, Lies, and Resentment

I stayed up all night waiting for Hunter in the living room, this wasn't like him to stay out all night. When he finally came home his nose was bandaged and his eyes were puffy underneath.

"Hunter, what happened to you?" I approached him as I looked at him, analyzing his face.

"A fight broke out in the nightclub, and I was hit." He said as he looked at me. "I'll be fine Eden, don't worry." He said as he took off his shoes and placed his keys on the table.

"Don't worry?" I questioned him. "Look at your face, Hunter." I said as I searched his eyes.

"Eden, please!" He said as he raised his voice, causing me to jump. "I've had a long night, okay?" He said as he let out a deep sigh and place his hands on my shoulders, comforting me.

I nodded as I looked at him.

"I'm sorry, I was just worried about you." I said as I looked at him.

"I know, I just need a shower and some rest." He said as he looked at me. "I'm exhausted." He said as he removed his hands from my shoulders and started to walk down the hallway and into the bedroom.

Something was off about him, and I couldn't tell what, I couldn't read the expression on his face.

I eyed him as he walked down the hallway and into the bathroom. I followed down the same path shortly afterwards, walking over to the bed, and pulling back the covers.

Hunter was already in the shower when I came into the bedroom. I climbed into bed and pulled the covers over me, resting my palms on my stomach. I was ready to have this baby, I didn't have that long left before my official due date. I was nervous and anxious about it at the same time.

I fell asleep shortly afterwards, giving Hunter his space that he was asking for.