𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴 |

Jealousy, Arguments, & No Make-up Sex

I returned to work the next morning like nothing had happened. I had Delaney set up a meeting with all of the employees to discuss what I wanted for the company and how I wanted us to progress over the next couple of months.

I could feel Hunter's gaze on me, but I didn't meet it.

"So that concludes today's meeting, if you have any questions or concerns you may come up to me now." I said as I nodded and displayed a slight smile across my face.

Asher Reeds approached me with a few questions. I could still feel Hunter's presence in the room as he didn't take his eyes off of me.

My attention was on Mr. Reeds as I engaged in conversation with him, laughing here and there, resting my hand on his shoulder lightly.

Hunter had finally left the room and returned to his office and Mr. Reeds and I's conversation had finally ended. I cleared my throat as the room was now empty and quiet and I gathered my belongings, exiting the room myself.

I walked down the hallway and came to a stop.

I noticed the door to Hunter's office was closed since he usually had it opened. I knocked on the door, but there was no answer.

I decided to let myself in, he didn't even look at me.

"Close the door behind you, please." He said as he kept his focus on his computer screen.

I closed the door as I walked inside, pursing my lips tightly together.

Look at me, obeying and listening to him now.

I stood in front of him, waiting for him to acknowledge my presence.

"Did you need anything?" He questioned me as he looked up at me, this time without those red cheeks of his, but with an expression I couldn't read. I could tell he was more confident though just by his posture.

"You're asking me if I need anything?" I questioned him with furrowed brows.

He let out a deep sigh as he removed his glasses and placed them in front of him and placing his eyes on me.

"I'm busy Ms. Steele and would like to continue working on this project in peace." He said as he reassured me.

"Is there something wrong, Hunter?" I questioned him as I crossed my arms in front of him. "Usually, you don't mind my presence." I said as I mocked his tone.

"You ignore my presence all day then you flirt with someone else right in front of me." He said as his chest started to heave.

"If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Nolan, you and I aren't together." I said as I looked at him with a confused expression.

He was jealous.

"So, you just come and use me as you please and think it's, okay?" He questioned me as he quickly got up from his chair and stood in front of me.

"I told you that I would help you with sex, not be your girlfriend." I said as I shook my head and looked at him.

Hunter face turned red, and I could tell he was frustrated.

"I never asked for any of this." He said as he raised his voice out of frustration. He ran his hands through his hair as he turned his back towards me.

"Lower your voice, Hunter." I said as I placed a hand on his back.

He immediately moved away from me.

"I don't want to do this anymore; I just want us to have a normal relationship without the sexual aspect of it." He said as he looked at me.

"Do you know what you're asking?" I questioned him as I looked at him.

"Yes, I do, and I mean it." He said as he looked at me.

I studied his facial expression for a moment, and he was serious.

"Okay." I said as I finally spoke. "You'll only approach me when it is urgent matters or if anything needs my approval." I said as I nodded and opened the door of his office.

I was waiting for him to say something, anything, but he didn't. I walked out of his office and closed the door behind me.

What just happened?

Another short chapter, but don't worry the next one will be worth it

Also, this isn't the end of Eden and Hunter. Do you think Eden is starting to show her submissive side and Hunter is turning into the dominant one? Let me know your thoughts.