𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽 | *

• i apologize for the delayed chapter, i was feeling a little unmotivated plus i was having trouble coming up with the plot for this chapter.

• added a small smut scene as a new year's present to you, enjoy.

He Belongs to Me

2 days afterwards - 4:00pm

After news of Addison being released from the hospital, her parents called Hunter and I personally to apologize to us for her actions and everything she had done to get through to Hunter. In my opinion, the apology wasn't enough to get Hunter to through the traumatic events she put him through and that made him remorseful of his father again.

Still, I didn't want to seem like it was my apology to accept and make it all about me. Addison had been transferred to a mental hospital to hopefully to get the proper treatment she needs. Hunter's mother and stepfather even flew to us and stayed with us for the weekend.

Hunter was doing better than he was after it all happened. He started going back to work and I was in full mother mode, telling him to be easy on himself, and not let his work consume him completely. I was in the kitchen preparing dinner when Hunter arrived home. I was more into cooking now than I was before. I guess it comes with becoming a mother, the urge to cook every second of the day.

"What's for dinner, tonight?" He questioned me as he closed the door, locking it, and taking off his coat.

"Salmon, asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes." I said as I looked over at him and smiled. He was taking off his shoes at the door, I could tell he was tired just by looking at him.

"You worked longer today." I said as I went back to stirring the mashed potatoes. He walked over to me and placed his arms around my waist.

"Well, there's a lot that needs to be done plus since you're not there right now everyone decides to come to me whenever something needs approval." He said as he kissed my neck, resting his head on my shoulder, and rubbing his hands against my stomach.

"Why do they bother you when they can just email me?" I questioned as I let out a deep sigh.

"I don't mind it that much." He said as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Of course, you don't." I said as I picked up the spoon from the pot, blowing the steam away from it, and placing the spoon up to his mouth. "Tell me how they taste." I said as I looked back at him.